+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Margo Norman or Dr Cliff Neppe?? Pls help!

Hi everyone, I'm toss between Dr Norman in Joondalup Private or Dr Neppe at Glenggary. Can anyone who has experienced with those doctor can share with me both pros and cons with them and also please tell me what costs are involved.

Thanks so much in advance to help my mind clear and gives me some insight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr Neppe! Dr Neppe! Dr Neppe!

Apologies to Dr Norman, I have never met her, but when I found out I was pg my GP said he was the go-to man, no discussion, just go there!

I can't speak highly enough of not just Dr Neppe but his whole team. I had a very troubled pregnancy through low blood pressure and passing out randomly (awesome huh?) and they rocked. When you go for an appointment you first see Karen the midwife who goes through bloods, weight etc - then you get to see Cliff. He does scans in his room so you can see the baby every time. They all know you personally and you can always speak to someone if you're in trouble even if Cliff isn't there.

When it came to our birth it wasn't straightforward but Dr Neppe was dropping in all the time checking on me, and when time came for some intervention I trusted him completely with the recommendations he was making. Happy healthy baby as a result. It could have been very different.

Now .. a bit fuzzy because we have had a few miscarriages and that does wonders for your brain, but there was another midwife there when Karen had a day off and she was great too, even though I'd never met her personally.

Yes it was expensive, but we could afford it and never regret a single $ of it.

Glengarry was fine - not exactly a beach resort but hey - that's not it's job. Convenient, clean, the nurses were lovely and the nursery very helpful in the early days. We ended up there for other reasons and have never had a bad experience.

Hope this helps, good luck and get in quick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are both excellent obstetricians (I have had both of them) and I wouldnt hesitate to have them again. I would only make the decision based on which hospital you prefer and whether you can get on their books as they are both extremely popular. Dr Norman sees a lot of fertility patients these days and so they book in with her the minute they have a positive test! If you go to JHC you will have some hassle with finding parking and have to pay for parking, whereas Dr Neppe has his own stand-alone rooms with carpark (down the road from Glengarry Hospital). As I saw one 2 years before the other I cant be sure whether one is more expensive or not but I think Dr Neppe's planning and management fee is slightly higher than Dr Norman's. Dr Neppe schedules a couple of your visits with his wife who is a GP at the same practice. This saves you some costs. She also does the 6 week check-up for your baby on the same day that you have your own 6 week checkup with Dr Neppe. So you dont have to go to a paed or GP elsewhere for the baby's 6 week check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend Dr Margo Norman. She is the most wonderful person and so well respected by all the staff in the hospital.

She helped us conceive our precious bubs through IVF so she was part of our lives for a few years.

She is very personal and caring. To the point she gave me her mobile and home number and asked me to call if I was ever concerned about anything.

I decided to use her for my second pregnancy after a number of complications with my first and I am so glad I did. I really think her care made my second pregnancy so much easier, she was on top of all my issues and made me feel so safe and secure.

She would personally ring me to discuss any results throughout my pregnancy. I had to be admitted at 35 weeks because I has high blood pressure. The staff were concerned about it getting higher and would ring her about it. She would either come in and see me or speak to me on the phone when the staff contacted her. I remember her dropping in at 4:00am and even speaking to me a mid night when staff contacted her at home.

She is so dedicated to her work and will dropp everything to be there when you really need her. Words don't give her justice, she is an angel in disguise.

She charges 200 for her initial visit then 100 for every visit thereafter and a 2000 management fee at 20 weeks. All her hospital costs were covered through private health.

As for joondalup I had a great experience there. Bub was in special care for a few days as she was delivered at 35.5 weeks because i had pregnancy induced hypertension. The special care unit looked new and the care she got was great. I got to see the lactation consultant regularly which really helped me to establish breast feeding, something I wasn't able to so with my first bub.

The ward was great. I got to spend most of my time in a large single room with a huge bed and bar fridge for all my snacks and expressed milk. The staff were wonderful and very experienced which made the overall experience great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies... thanksss so much for your detail information, it is very useful for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Dr Margo Norman. She is amazing. I saw her for my first pregnancy, and am currently seeing her again for my second. I cannot speak more highly of this woman. She went over and above my expectations. I even called her in the middle of the night one night at her home, I think it was about 12:30am and she didnt mind. I had a csection first time round, and so am having another one this time. She was due to be away around my due date, but I have since found out she will be back - I would have been gutted to have anyone else do it. I look forward to my ob visits, not only because I get to see bub, but because she has made my pregnancies an incredible experience.
    All her current fees are the same as what happy dance has listed below.

I was in Joondalup Private for 6 days after my csection and I couldnt fault them. Hubby stayed in there with me every night, we had a single room, and moved to a room with a double bed on day 2. Very much looking forward to going back there for this bub.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Margo Norman all the way!!!

Margo is just the best. I believe she has a batcave nearby as she is always there for you! I just concur with all the above comments about her and we will be seeing her again soon for fertility and hopefully obstetrics if successful. I actually miss her. She is a very special and caring person and extremely professional too. The ward was the same and felt like we were leaving family after 8 days there. You won't be sorry! All the best. PS There are free parking bays nearby in side streets which we often made use of. I think we used the hospital paid parking once for appointments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for Margo.

Also - I had a baby in both hospitals - and much prefer Joondalup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also like dr margo, never actually had her but she was on call when i went in for an emergency c section so she ended delivering ds2, she very nice! My sister and my sister-in-law both had her though and both said very good things!