Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Well as someone who deals with this stuff daily.. I can rattle off all the reasons that it happens. How it happens to people who never thought it would happen to them, how good parents arent immune... I think the main point is for me to lose custody or Give up custody of my children.. my children would be unsafe with me or inadequately cared for by me at that time, and better off somewhere else. I am thankful every day for my sanity, for the support network around me and for the fact that so far I have coped with everything life has thrown at me. I would always fight for my children.. but I am very aware that many people are unable to fight to keep their family in tact
    And that crap happens that you can never predict.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Exactly right. A lot of people don't have a partner, friends or family to help. Many are unaware of services that can help. Not everyone has access to the internet. Not everyone is educated enough to know what is available. Many are not able to to cope with the fight of getting their kids back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am sure that there are some people on this forum who have had to make this heartbreaking decision. I think it is important to remember we all have different circumstances in life and for some this is their reality. It is not something that should be viewed as 'bad' or 'weak'. It could happen to anyone of us. It is all well and good to sit back and say its something you would never do, but honestly no one knows what tomorrow could bring and I would just like to make it clear that I don't judge anyone who has had to go through this. I believe we all try to do the best we can and I won't sit back and say it could never happen to me.... In an ideal world I hope and pray its something I never have to live through, but at the end of the day who knows?? All I can continue to do now is keep trying to do the best I can and hope I am spared ever having to make that decision...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (11-06-2012),Bonkers  (12-06-2012),chameleon  (11-06-2012),halloweendee  (11-06-2012),mum2bubba  (12-06-2012),nicoletta  (11-06-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    I am sure that there are some people on this forum who have had to make this heartbreaking decision. I think it is important to remember we all have different circumstances in life and for some this is their reality. It is not something that should be viewed as 'bad' or 'weak'. It could happen to anyone of us. It is all well and good to sit back and say its something you would never do, but honestly no one knows what tomorrow could bring and I would just like to make it clear that I don't judge anyone who has had to go through this. I believe we all try to do the best we can and I won't sit back and say it could never happen to me.... In an ideal world I hope and pray its something I never have to live through, but at the end of the day who knows?? All I can continue to do now is keep trying to do the best I can and hope I am spared ever having to make that decision...
    Brilliantly said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yes, I am finding it a tad insensitive.
    I am in no way trying to be insensitive. In fact, I'm trying to gain a better understanding. I know of your story Ana, so I can see why you would find it insensitive, but I'm not in anyway trying to be disrespectful to you.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I know of your story Ana, so I can see why you would find it insensitive, but I'm not in anyway trying to be disrespectful to you.
    Um, what? What story have you heard?

I didn't actually find this insensitive to me, just in light of what has happened on here in the last few hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I was dying.
    If they were in danger.
    If I was in danger
    if I was mentally ill
    If I was on drugs
    If I was suicidal.

I personally think that a parent who can admit they need help, and get help for their kids, is amazing.
    My parents didnt. They pretended it was all fabulous and that was way more damaging.

I wish DOCS would respect that women who give up children are sometimes putting the kids before themselves and that is incredible.
    Last edited by Ishtyban; 11-06-2012 at 20:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I was a risk to him or if I was a burden to him,

If I was considering treatment in a psych ward etc I would seek temporary custody arrangements until I was better

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Um, what? What story have you heard?

I didn't actually find this insensitive to me, just in light of what has happened on here in the last few hours.
    I was talking about the time when you were thinking of moving away from your daughter to study?

I'm sorry if I've gotten it wrong?

I'm sure there will be people that will find my thread a bit off and if the Mods feel that way I'm sure they will delete.

As for the last few hours on BH, that is the exact reason why I thought it would be good to ask the question.
    Discussion brings about many different view points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    I can't believe this thread was started.
    Jak has been a member for ages and I know her well enough to know this wasn't started as a nasty thing, more one to have some insight.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (11-06-2012),share a book  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my current situation, only death springs to mind. For anything else, I have DH to help me with any issues that may arise health wise.

If I was single? Any situation where I felt I was either a danger to them or unable to provide care. And then I would move heaven and earth to get them back.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast