Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Death is the only thing I could think of.

I've been seriously depressed, suicidal to the point of overdosing, and diagnosed bipolar, ontop of that I'm currently disabled with use of only one arm and I am doing everything to keep DD with me. I have reached out to every organisation there is and am getting support for both of us, I have my mum who comes and helps around the house and DP who also does what he can. I'm involved with DOCS but in a good way and I will never resort to giving up my precious DD to better myself, she is my strength and without her by my side I'd lose my fight, so we do it together.

I am her mother, I brought her into this world and she will never be pushed aside for my own needs, whatever they may be, instead I use her as my reminder of why I MUST continue to fight this terribly hard fight I have been through this year.

The most I will accept is someone taking her overnight or my mum taking her to the library each week as a form of assistance. Other than that, no one will separate us!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (12-06-2012),Rutabaga  (11-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Please define what you mean by "give up your kids". Maybe then I will answer.

Things aren't always what they seem from the outside .
    Sorry for not being clear in my OP.

Sending one of/ all of your children away to live with a friend/relative for an indefinite period of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    That's awesome your family stepped into help you, and wow what a generous man

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well as someone who deals with this stuff daily.. I can rattle off all the reasons that it happens. How it happens to people who never thought it would happen to them, how good parents arent immune... I think the main point is for me to lose custody or Give up custody of my children.. my children would be unsafe with me or inadequately cared for by me at that time, and better off somewhere else. I am thankful every day for my sanity, for the support network around me and for the fact that so far I have coped with everything life has thrown at me. I would always fight for my children.. but I am very aware that many people are unable to fight to keep their family in tact
    And that crap happens that you can never predict.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (11-06-2012),mum2bubba  (12-06-2012),Rutabaga  (11-06-2012),share a book  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe this thread was started.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to something For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-06-2012),Jemma87  (11-06-2012),Liddybugs  (12-06-2012),mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Well as someone who deals with this stuff daily.. I can rattle off all the reasons that it happens. How it happens to people who never thought it would happen to them, how good parents arent immune... I think the main point is for me to lose custody or Give up custody of my children.. my children would be unsafe with me or inadequately cared for by me at that time, and better off somewhere else. I am thankful every day for my sanity, for the support network around me and for the fact that so far I have coped with everything life has thrown at me. I would always fight for my children.. but I am very aware that many people are unable to fight to keep their family in tact
    And that crap happens that you can never predict.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Yep, agreed.

I could never have forseen becoming so physically unwell. Even though I was mentally well, my physical limitations were not something I could 'push through' without making myself even sicker and sicker.... it can happen to anyone.

I really can't put into words how grateful I am that not a day passed for me where I wasn't able to be Mum to my children, even though it was in a more limited capacity for a while there.

Without the assistance I received from family and my husband, it could have been very different. I've thought about it a lot and it's frightening.

I am so glad to be almost well again. I really can't put into words how much it hurt even having my capacity to be the mother I wanted to be limited. And that was still while living with my children and being involved where I could. That was much more upsetting for me than the fact that I was sick.

It's honestly heart wrenching stuff and my heart breaks for the mums and dads out there who might be reading this and not have been as lucky as me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    What makes you say that?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I presented a danger to my DD in anyway, I would (like to think that I would have the presence of mind to) leave her to someone better equipped to care for her.

What would I do to get her back? Move mountains.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    Yes, I am finding it a tad insensitive.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yes, I am finding it a tad insensitive.
    I don't know.... I can see how it might seem insensitive, but I think it's really important to discuss.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast