+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF freeze all

Hi all. I'm on my first cycle of IVF and had EPU today. They only got 3 eggs which is disappointing, but even more disappointing is the fact they said they would have to do a freeze all.

I was bleeding quite heavily last week so the lining of my uterus is too thin to support a pregnancy so no point in doing a transfer.

I hope out of the 3 they did get at least one makes it to freeze.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Any advice or positive stories?

I was prepared not to get pregnant, but didn't think I wouldn't be able to complete the cycle. So upsetting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's better that they cancel your cycle rather than do a transfer & waste an embryo - I had 20 collected but from what I hear it's quality over quantity - out of 20 4 fertilized, 1 transferred & 2 to freeze, one did not make it!

How many days are they growing your embryos?

Don't be to put off by 3, done people only have 1...... We are lucky ones :-)

I've read girls that have had 4 or 5 collected & all made it to the freeze!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for taking the time to reply MARTTC :-)

I am not sure but I think they said they are going to try get it to day 5. I'll ask more tomorrow when they call to tell me if they have fertilized.

I know all it takes is 1, so I hope we at least end up with that. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy - there was a big article in the paper the other week (tele I think) about how freezing is now being looked upon favourably as the better position for IVF. They are doing a big study at the moment. Hold out hope that you do have embeds and that you want the best for them which at this point means freezing. I know how disappointing it is not to do transfer but be guided by your FS and you should come out with the best outcome. Lots of baby dust coming your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one else has had a similar experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ToBeComplete,
    I had a freeze all due to high progesterone. Different circumstances I know but its not all bad, however disappointing I know.
    We had ICSI and out of 10 eggs 6 fertilised. They froze them all at day one. Which apparently is better than freezing them at a later stage as it means less cells to be damaged by the feeze, out of those 6 only two made it to blast when I went back 6 months later. But I fell pregnant with triplets with those two blasts. I did go on to lose that pregnancy at 10 weeks but that was nothing to do with IVF but that one of them had turners syndrome which caused the miscarriage.
    Are they freezing at day one for you? or growing out to day 5 then freezing? Dont be too disheartened. I know I was pretty bummed but a FET worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply dextersmum. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, that must have been devastating. I see ur in the tww at the moment. I hope u get ur BFP! :-)

Out of the 3 eggs they collected from me, only 2 fertilized. Today is day 2 and they are at 4 cells (whatever that means - still don't know enough) They will be freezing them tomorrow which is day 3. Still about a month before I can do the FET! I'm so impatient, I just wanna do it and know now!

Anyway, I guess I just gotta wait and hope for the best!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToBeComplete For This Useful Post:

dextersmum  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A freeze all can be a positive thing. As I had OHSS I had to do a freeze all as I was in excrutiating pain from it. It would have been such a waste of an embryo. I did an FET a few months later and got pregnant on my first transfer. As someone else said on here, there was an article in the paper saying its the new thing they seem to be doing (freezing all) to give your embryo a better chance. I know its hard as I hated the wait but it was so worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks butterfli. That gives me hope. And I see you were with NGF, that's who I'm with too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear you are also with NGF, your in great hands. Best of luck.