+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Ah that's even worse than me. You poor thing! That's exactly how I feel- when I'm pregnant it's like I'm poisoned! Sounds awful but that's exactly how I feel.

just had to go to woolworths with Dp to get easy supplies to feed the kids. Walked round with my tear stained face and red eyes- with my hand over my mouth trying to not be sick. I'm at the stage where I don't care want I look like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,
    That was exactly how I felt...like pregnancy was poison to my system. For me it was 3.5wks till about 26, then 31w till hours after birth, at 34w due, also, to Placental Abruption. Ugh. The carrying of sick bags and buckets and bottles and anything you can pick up that's close enough. I didn't care what I looked like, either. You are just in survival mode by that stage. It truly sucks.

Peanut Monkey - ah, another one! Please post in our placental abruption thread ''Placental Abruption - your stories please' thread. There are a ten or so ladies in there who would like to know there's another of us on the hub, and would love to hear your story. Plac Ab and morning sickness together is extremely stressful.

My stomach shrank, too. Extra ripped off that when you feel you can actually eat something, you hardly can eat much at all. I felt also that the food had nowhere to go - my little stomach could n't fight for real-estate in the abdomen. The pressures against my skin from the womb and stomach - I literally felt like a whale stuffed into a seal's body- and I only got to /34w.
    Oh arghhh, I feel for you both.
    Last edited by BaronessM; 14-12-2012 at 03:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Hi all,
    That was exactly how I felt...like pregnancy was poison to my system. For me it was 3.5wks till about 26, then 31w till hours after birth, at 34w due, also, to Placental Abruption. Ugh. The carrying of sick bags and buckets and bottles and anything you can pick up that's close enough. I didn't care what I looked like, either. You are just in survival mode by that stage. It truly sucks.

Peanut Monkey - ah, another one! Please post in our placental abruption thread ''Placental Abruption - your stories please' thread. There are a ten or so ladies in there who would like to know there's another of us on the hub, and would love to hear your story. Plac Ab and morning sickness together is extremely stressful.

My stomach shrank, too. Extra ripped off that when you feel you can actually eat something, you hardly can eat much at all. I felt also that the food had nowhere to go - my little stomach could n't fight for real-estate in the abdomen. The pressures against my skin from the womb and stomach - I literally felt like a whale stuffed into a seal's body- and I only got to /34w.
    Oh arghhh, I feel for you both.
    Oh I'm on my phone so I don't know how to find the thread, if I can find it I will post. Mine was undetected by the midwives until I birthed the placenta, I was sent home bleeding because they didn't have room for me and I was only 5cm! Horrific ordeal, extremely lucky that both of us were ok.

I feel like I have constant food poisoning too. I just feel toxic. My mum keeps making comments about "oh but it doesn't seem as bad as last time though" gee thanks mum, that makes it Better cos this time I have a 4.5 year old and a 2.5 year old to lol after as well!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow how interesting. I wonder if there is a link between HG and placental abruption. I had my first tear at 8 weeks with ds. Had HG from 5-37 when we delivered him and bed rest from 8-30 weeks then modified bed rest from 30-37 to stop clotting. This time around I cried when I saw a perfect and healthy placenta and at 20 weeks the extreme morning sickness just disappeared. Thank god because our credit cards were maxed from all the zofran!!
    Hope you guys start feeling well soon. HG takes a huge toll on your body, your life your everything it is incredible

Thanks
    Reviews

@mummy2princess when I was in first trimester with this little one our post office
    Day offered to mind ds so I could go home and die haha I looked like crap. Its amazing how we still push on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by akeastall View Post
    Wow how interesting. I wonder if there is a link between HG and placental abruption. I had my first tear at 8 weeks with ds. Had HG from 5-37 when we delivered him and bed rest from 8-30 weeks then modified bed rest from 30-37 to stop clotting. This time around I cried when I saw a perfect and healthy placenta and at 20 weeks the extreme morning sickness just disappeared. Thank god because our credit cards were maxed from all the zofran!!
    Hope you guys start feeling well soon. HG takes a huge toll on your body, your life your everything it is incredible
    Wow that sounds stressful. I'm fairly certain my abruption was caused by a fall I had 2 days before the bleeding and labour started though.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm so sorry for all you ladies who suffered this for so long in your pregnancies and having other scary issues aswell. Good on you for having the resilience to do it all again xx

Thanks
    Reviews

How are you all doing?

I'm going to doctors today as vomitted all day yesterday and feel dreadful today (more than usual). Keytones 3+ in my urine so not good. Also constipated for 2 weeks now, off the zofran. Be very careful on them- I've read you should take a stool softener with them but I left it too late. Now pretty ill

9 weeks now... Lots more to go x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Oh no you poor thing that sounds awful! I hope your feeling better today and that the constipation has eased!

I seem to be getting worse as the weeks go by, I am now down 7.2kg since I was around 7ish weeks, I'm now 14w4d. In my last pregnancies I lost 12ish kgs instead of gaining weight, as much as I could have done with losing a bit of weight I dont want to do it this way.

Thanks
    Reviews

No I bet not, I don't know my weight loss as the doctors didn't weigh me at start and I don't have any at home. I just know things are getting looser to wear rather than tighter.

I hope you don't loose any more - are u managing to keep anything down? I had a very cold peanut butter sandwich this morning that stayed Down ok. That any good?

Mind u I had to be sent to hospital yesterday (2nd time in two weeks) and got rehydrated with 2 saline drips and zofran injected. Possibly why I managed a sandwich. Still can't drink at all- my stomach just can't handle anything.