+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Kate 1990- yeah the multivitamins def make it worse- I think it's just too much on an empty stomach. I'm still trying to take a small Folic acid everyday. Unfortunately it's the iron I need as I'm anaemic but the Gp said them alone when make sickness worse so to try and do without until 2nd trimester. But that doesn't help with the head rushes and dizziness. Glad you've found a good multivitamin. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post

One of the awful things about HG is not being able to talk to other pg mums without being a downer, and that most people say well, I had morning sickness, too. Yeah, ok, but you probably didn't have it 24/7 and so badly that you lost weight instead of gaining and ended up in hospital all the time...
    This is so true. This is my 3rd time going through HG and most of my friends just don't get it still. It took until almost throwing up in my best friends car the other day for her to get it. But 3rd time around my mum finally gets it. She Has been really trying to help me with my sons and really understanding.

I had no break last night. The vomiting wouldn't stop, I only got a few hours sleep. I'm really glad my oldest has kindy today so I can have a nap while my 2.5 year old naps.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    One of the awful things about HG is not being able to talk to other pg mums without being a downer, and that most people say well, I had morning sickness, too. Yeah, ok, but you probably didn't have it 24/7 and so badly that you lost weight instead of gaining and ended up in hospital all the time..
    ^ this.
    Even my DP said why don't you just have a glass of water and just not throw up. (As if I had a choice)
    I went to the ED last night and had IV saline and potassium. They gave me an apple afterwards but that came back up...
    I am vegan and lactose intolerant so can't have zofran (but im seriously considering breaking a huge moral code and taking it).. I can't live like this, it's unrelenting and overwhelming
    I'm glad I'm not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Dr has upped my zofran today and I've eaten some biscuits and a bottle of Gatorade- big achievement! I'm taking x2 4mg wafers a day now. And he perscribed a bigger box so 10 wafers cost $55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is crap -zofran, almost life-changing/saving being so expensive. Mummyx2, I lived on Up and Go when it didn't become 'Up and Went.'

Almai - what does Zof have in it that is an animal product, out of interest?

Peanut M - oh, the memories. Waking at night to vomit - what joy.

Poor old Kate Middleton with all those nurses to look after her, keep her hair out of the bucket and design a liquid diet she can tolerate. Even then, I do feel for her. I wouldn't wish an HG pg on anyone.

Hang in there, gals...

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Zofran contains lactose.. Used to help bind the wafer together. Even the cheaper brands contain it
    But it's looking to be my only option.. I'll see how I go in the next 2 days before I'm due back at work.

Hope everyone is going ok.

Thanks
    Reviews

Does Ondansetron have the lactose? Same base drug but not wafer.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's why I was going to say- I went to get my odansetron script yest and they gave me the tablets by mistake- which I got them to change. So tablets may b ok?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    Zofran contains lactose.. Used to help bind the wafer together. Even the cheaper brands contain it
    But it's looking to be my only option.. I'll see how I go in the next 2 days before I'm due back at work.

Hope everyone is going ok.
    Ooh just looked at the side of my packet of odansetron wafers and it states... Gluten free, lactose free!

Thanks
    Reviews

Photo
    Attached Images