+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah number 3 is definitely not in the near future if at all... I'm just gonna be grateful for the 2 2 i will have!
    My partner has been great, he isn't much of a cook but he tries and my 2 and a half year old definitely isn't starving! I'm very happy he hasn't complained much about my complaining! very grateful for everythinh he has done!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

What gets me down the most is Christmas coming up. I just totally can't get in the spirit and I have family staying with me for a month over Christmas so that means making a fuss and Christmas dinner. And unfortunately they are not women so they can't just take over and help me out. It's my brother and dad from England. Plus when they are here I get bad looks if I ask my df to do things too much. Men totally don't understand morning sickness never mind HG. I told my df the other day that red onions are banner from the house as I can't stand the smell... My dad tutted and shouted 'for gods sake that's pathetic!'

Urrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews

***banned not banner

Thanks
    Reviews
    i totally understand how you feel about christmas, getting motivated on a daily basis is hard enough without the christmas issues.
    you are right about men not gettin the HG situation, my partner was really good when it first started but now he just over it, i try not to sook about it but if the men went through what we went through it would be the end of the world im sure.!! they definately dont realise how much it takes its toll on us being sick everyday all day...
    Im hoping it gets easier for all of us out there sooner rather then later! i havent had ondansetron today and havent been sick as yet, hopefully it stays that way... still feeling the nausea but i can live with that!
    On the upside i had my first ultrasound on wednesday, there is only 1 in there! very grateful for that fact!! can see eyes, nose and mouth! love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All, Mum23, glad for you it's only one...a double dose of HGHormone probably wouldn't be what you needed! Keep that little nose and eyes in your mind's eye when you feel really crap.

Maybe most men don't get HG and morning sickness in general, but last time around, my partner was truly amazing. He even stayed with me (despite my protests) instead of going with bub's isolette to the nursery. He could see that I was in hell ~ still vomited for hours after the birth ~ while bub was being well looked after. Couldn't have asked for a better carer, although lord knows what would happen if we had another one, now that we have 'the boy' to look after.

I do remember pacing the garden at a relo's house ~ just pacing back and forth, rather than go into the flat and face all that food, associated Q's about eating and why I wasn't able to eat much, and it was easier to hurl in the garden than run constantly to the loo. My heart goes out to you ladies. Hope you can enjoy christmas just a little at least.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had HG with my first from 7 weeks to 40+4 until the second she was born. I tried everything which made me sleepy or I couldn't keep them down anyway as water was making me sick. This pregnancy started off the same and i was having ginger beer in sips throughout the day to help settle me. I forgot my multivitamin one day and realised I wasn't sick. I have since found a pregnancy multi with no iron in it and I have had no sickness since! It's worth a shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

I feel for you having to make a Xmas dinner and having people stay! We're going away for Xmas, have a 10+ hour drive ahead of us next week. So scared of being in a car for that long. The last time we did the drive I was 12 weeks pregnant with DS2 and it was hell.

I was super organised this year and my Xmas shopping is all done, just needs wrapping. But my house is still suffering and my son only has 3 days of kindy left including today so I have 7 weeks of both kids all day everyday...

I am getting a little concerned at my weightloss. I have some weight to lose sure but all my clothes are hanging off of me. I've almost lost 10% of my body weight already.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I feel for you all in your own individual ways. That car journey does not sound good and it's the thought of it that gets u chewed up more- hence even more sick. If you are just travelling with your family try and relax a bit as they won't mind seeing u ill imagine if it was strangers.

I'm not mentioning this HG in the July due dates thread as I don't like to go on to other non HG sufferers as feel like a right pain. It's so awful though isn't it.

I spent yesterday in A&E. nearly 4 hours of being practically unconscious in the waiting room before the doctors finally saw me and then rushed me to a bed. I had one bag of saline on a drip to rehydrate me that unfortunately did nothing. My ketones in my urine were 4+ ( so very not good) but then they sent me home with a zofran wafer. I was lying with drip in and 3 blankets and was still shaking with cold! I hate that they will only do something when you are ridiculously bad ( not that I cud feel much worse) - and I hate that I seem so pathetic that I actually want to get admitted to ward to actually get a break from it- lots more fluids and proper anti sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mummyx3 - I hope you are better after your hospital visit.

One of the awful things about HG is not being able to talk to other pg mums without being a downer, and that most people say well, I had morning sickness, too. Yeah, ok, but you probably didn't have it 24/7 and so badly that you lost weight instead of gaining and ended up in hospital all the time...

About the multi vitamins, I also found they made me worse.

Good luck coping with Christmas, everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks baronessM I didn't feel I bit better when I got back- actually had some dry crackers- then crackers with cottage cheese- and drank two drinks. The next day ( yesterday) had fruit for breakfast then more crackers. Then from 2pm onwards was on the downward spiral- ate and drank nothing all afternoon and night. Woke up this morning and quickly ate 4 prunes b4 really bad sickness. Zofran make you constipated! Not good.

Yeah it's the people who say ... Yeah I had morning sickness... And u remember them saying that at the time while swigging their coffee and eating! He he x