+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

Quote Originally Posted by Mummyx2 princesses View Post
    Replying from my couch also. I am exhausted and drained. Up until today I'd just had major nausea - today the actually being sick started. Going to collect my maxalon prescription and see how I go. It's like a slippery slope back to HG
    I hope the maxalon works for you!

I've had another really rough day, haven't left my bed for most of it god bless my husband <3

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Hi I'm feeling dreadful today. Went to doctors and my blood pressure still very low. I'm so dizzy and sick, and now the dehydration headaches have started. I can't even pick my little girl up from school today as I know in this north qld heat I would keel over. I'm just lying down most of the day but can't sleep. It's like torture maxalon did get rid of the sickness a bit but made me even more tired and woozy .. So not good when hubby at work and I have a 5&3 year old at home.

Asked the doctor if I could b anaemic (as was in other pregnancies) but he said... Your blood count was fine when you first got pregnant. That was 4 weeks ago now. I'm sure I am.

Sorry for complaining - I know could b worse. Im just feeling so sorry for myself today (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Mummy x2, I just don't know how you do it at all in that terrible heat and with 2 other princesses as well as yourself to look after. I remember thinking I was so glad it was only me with no little ones to care for when I had HG. I just wouldn't have been able to do it - full stop. I felt awfully sorry for myself, too. You have every right to. It's such a full-on miserable state to be in.

Please be kind to yourself and remember there's only so much you can do. Laying on the couch with a bucket and feeling woozy from the meds is better than keeling over in the heat. Call your princesses to you for a cuddle here and there when you can muster the strength, and PM me if there's any more support I can give.

When it happened to me during winter for the most part, I thought if it had have been summer, I would have been a goner. Or in hospital all the time on an IV.

Cut yourself some slack - you fully deserve a frickin medal or

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm currently 12weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and hace had hyperemesis since week 6... i had the same with my little boy now 2 and a half, didn't receive anti nausea medication then... this time around i was given maxalon which made me worse, my gp thought i was exaggerating so hospital trips were what i had to do. have been to emergency 5 times and admitted once. i got prescribed ondansetron and to begin with even that wasn't helping... really needed iv fluids. I was getting so rfrustrated with
    yself, i couldn't function, couldn't do the simple things like take my boy to the toilet. unfortunately both families work and mine is 2 phours away! Thankfully my partner had a week off work and then my sister came and helped out for 4 weeks, she's only 15 but was a godsend when it came to my son! This is my first week at home alone and I'm managing,the food is still a hassle though especially the smells but I'm hoping I'm on the home stretch, only having 1 8mg ondansetron a day and I'm feeling ok can eat snd drink which is better then i have been, unfortunately i think this will be my last pregnancy because all the sickness definitely takes it toll, not just on you but your family aswell.i was just wondering when the hyperemesis stopped for any of you and whether it was worse for a boy or girl.. any feedback would be great

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Hi mumzy

I'm week 7 this week and feeling dreadful. The maxalon too made me worse this pregnancy ( I didn't have it in my previous 2 pregnancies as was in uk- so was on stemitel and cyclizine). But maxalon made me feel really wierd, shakey, heart racing and sick and extremely groggy. I'm on odansetron wafers but doc said just to take half. They aren't doing anything.

Unfortunately my first pregnancy HG continued to about 18 weeks. 2nd pregnancy to 24 weeks. Both were girls. Dare I say- I am 'slightly' better this time so far so hopefully a boy and won't last as long. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

I am now 13 weeks and suffering pretty badly. Zofran does nothing for me, I've lost so much weight clothes are hanging off me. It's awful.

My first pregnancy I had it right up until my son was born at 42 weeks... second pregnancy until 35 weeks, DS2 was born at 38 weeks.

I'm seriously hoping I dont suffer as long this time. Dr is contemplating admitting me to hospital for a couple of nights before Xmas so I can have some fluids and rest as we're going away and I'm seriously worried about how I am going to cope.

Sorry you guys are suffering too. It really really sux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To mummy x2 and peanut monkey, here i am complaining and you 2 seem to have it so muc worse then myself, i would love to know why something so natural can cause us so mch grief. all worth it in the end... i am worse then with my first so I'm thinking maybe a girl! good luck to you both hopefully it will ease.sooner rather then later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Don't feel bad, it is rough and you have a right to complain so complain away we all understand xox

I'm hoping for a girl this time too... find out at the end of January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely don't wish this upon anyone, i will find out early feb hopefully?! if a girl i don't need to go through this again! so fingers crossed for us both, I've definitely got more blemishes and spots this time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I'm definitely not going for #4 regardless, I can't do this again, I was also told I had glandular fever just before falling pregnant so the exhaustion from that plus all this is just too much. I'm lucky I have an amazing husband.

Fingers crossed you get your girl I've broken out in pimples and I never got pimples with my other 2 pregnancies, so this one is quite different so far.