+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Girls,

Well this is my second pregnancy and my second time with Hyperemesis.
    I am now 16 1/2 weeks and really starting to struggle. At my last ob appointment we discussed the zofran pump after 20 weeks and i'm allowed to come to labor ward for fluids instead of emergency. I hated taking DS to emergency!
    I had high hopes for this pregnancy- Had a much better diet, loads of water etc when I got pregnant and in fact I didn't get sick until 5 weeks! With DS I got sick before I even knew I was pregnant!

I'm currently on Zofran 8mg x 3 a day but it is costing a ridiculous amount. The cheapest I can get it where we live is $85 so I get my mum to post it up and it's only $50 crazy how the prices vary!

I told DH I don't want to have any more children. I know in my heart I want more I would love more but my body just hates being pregnant!

DS1 is only 10 months old and funnily enough I am VERY grateful for this. He is easily occupied and is generally ok with being home most days.

Hope it starts to ease for you all soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Akeastall, good luck ~ at least this time around you have some supports in place. It is far better being able to go to Labour instead of ER for IV fluids.

Please tell us more about the Zofran pump! Sounds intruiging, and hopefully for you it may end up cheaper. That's crap that it's so expensive for meds that, for people with HG, are so necessary and could even be life (and sanity) saving.

You just reminded me that the hurl-upon-waking was what twigged me to do a pg test, too.

It IS lucky your little one is only 10mo at mo ~ I can't imagine trying to dash about after my 16mo with HG. I'd love another bub in my heart of hearts, too, but wonder how I'd cope. At least I still have an (almost bubby/almost toddler) amazing little boy to enjoy. Incredible how we can overlook the agony and insanity-spurning nausea enough to want another!

The best of luck to you; may the worst of your nausea and sickness be but a mere memory when you are holding another happy, beautiful and thriving bub in your arms.

Cheers, BaronessM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the joys of HG I saw the booking nurse last week and she went through my history lol 3paged later I mentioned that me ms was starting to become HG again an I was really worried as it started @5 wks this time last time it started at 11 and by the time I got to 28 wks I was lucky to be able to talk she said I needed to see the docs on Monday as I may need to be in maternal fetal medicine group because of everything that's gone on in the last 3 years I'm only 10w3d now an my 2.5 yr old knows if mumy goes charging up the hallway don't follow but thankgod she is very indepedant I don't think I'd cope if she was clingy
    This morning I noticed a couple red specks in my vomit lol it gets rather violent soo have a bucket in front and sit on the loo and mixed into the phelgm and stomach acid (had just gotten out of bed) was red specs not food from last night more liquidy has anyone had blood like specs before I'm not sure I have bile stomach acid and water are common for me but not blood

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

I haven't had the blood specs before but I used to feel like a was tearing my stomach. Make sure you place your hand on your stomach (flat under your ribs) when you do be sick. I found this helped to not put so much pressure on your insides when being so forcefully sick. You've possibly torn the lining or something (my guess not an informed opinion) from the force- perhaps mention it to Gp just to b sure xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by angelis13 View Post
    Oh the joys of HG I saw the booking nurse last week and she went through my history lol 3paged later I mentioned that me ms was starting to become HG again an I was really worried as it started @5 wks this time last time it started at 11 and by the time I got to 28 wks I was lucky to be able to talk she said I needed to see the docs on Monday as I may need to be in maternal fetal medicine group because of everything that's gone on in the last 3 years I'm only 10w3d now an my 2.5 yr old knows if mumy goes charging up the hallway don't follow but thankgod she is very indepedant I don't think I'd cope if she was clingy
    This morning I noticed a couple red specks in my vomit lol it gets rather violent soo have a bucket in front and sit on the loo and mixed into the phelgm and stomach acid (had just gotten out of bed) was red specs not food from last night more liquidy has anyone had blood like specs before I'm not sure I have bile stomach acid and water are common for me but not blood
    I get blood from time to time. Especially with this pregnancy but when I had it with ds I had an endoscopy and everything was fine it's just increased blood flow + excessive vomiting. But definitely speak to your doctor because it could be something else.
    I get really violent vomits and end up going purple it sucks! Ds cries when I vomit but I just try to avoid being around him when I'm not feeling good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood flecks in vomit is indeed likely to be from ruptured eosophageal blood vessels, and in small quantities is nothing to worry about (other than being a bit of a shock, the actual vomitting and nausea with HG is usually more shocking!). General fluid loss in the body is more of a concern. Any bright red blood is from high up the throat, usually. If you suffer internal bleeding further down, the blood tends to turn a brownish colour before irritating the stomach lining, and often causing vomitting from that irritation.

If you are at all worried, though, ask your doctor. It is usually caused by the force/frequency of vomitting and the stomach acid burning the throat.

This is one of my 'special subjects' ~ being a sword-swallower...
    Last edited by BaronessM; 01-11-2012 at 00:33. Reason: blah blah blah...

Thanks
    Reviews

My gp has spoken to the ob lol and they both think I need to step up to different meds as we thought the pramin isn't gonna cut it and so far I've had a bad episode where I almost ended up in the Ed so I now have to wait for a new appoint I see the hospital to get the meds I'm just struggling to prevent hG coming back so far it seems to like being around regardless of the things I try

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies I've posted previously when I was ttc - well now I'm 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow :-) I'm starting to get nervous- I made it to 5 weeks last time before sickness kicked in. I'm feeling ok at the minute. 1 week left of eating. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh when will it end even just lieing in bed typing I fell bleh

Couldn't get zofran of the gp as its a cat b drug so I have to wait for the docs next week

I've tried everything I can think off to stopp my ms from developing into HG and it's gotten to the point u give up and wait for the chuck some days are good ish some are terrible argh just pray it can be sorted out before I start placement for my course otherwise I'm screwed lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

I am reaching the point where I am becoming very depressed and over vomiting all day every day. If I lay in bed all day I don't vomit so much but with 2 kids to chase after, kindy drop off and pick up etc.

I can't believe is turning into hg again for me. I had convinced myself that this time would be different.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub