+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post

I actually have up gluten part way through the pregnancy and that helped a lot
    I wonder if that helped me too? I had been gluten and dairy free for a year before my 3rd pregnancy! Also I don't know how zofran works? Didn't work for me, not even through drip! Neither maxalon!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I do get pg again, I'll be looking into Zofran or the meds the PP has mentioned. Thanks, guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks every1.. I heard that restavit @ night eases symptoms thru the day might get some. Just incase! Starting 2 feel slight nauseous @ night now! Have tried ginger, sea bands, accupuncture, accupressure, tissue salts helped a bit, homeopathy spray did too.. I hope u all have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I don't know how you have suffered with this and went back for number 3! Your kids must be angels. I have no quick answer for you, aside from I feel your pain. I have found the maxalon needles help a bit, aside from that I am all out of options myself. Best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    See with me it hit hard today at 6 wks 3 days I was almost in tears and having flash backs to my preg with DD had HG so bad she almost died the hospital delivered her at 34 wks and noted the placenta was almost dead gray and said she wouldn't have lasted much longer I was in the hospital from Easter Saturday till mid may with some fluid done around 13 and 15 aski was on maxalon which did sweet **** all I would gobto work for a 4 hr shift and spend half of it in the loo the pressure of vomiting was so much it came out all ends (tmi sorry) I all came to much when I was so dehydrated that a migraine had me passed out on panadene forte for a week it took 9 lts of saline and a multivitamin bag to bring me back to a normal person the nurses said if I hadn't of gone in when I did it could of been the 2 of us gone with this baby they know so I'm being looked after by a hospital with better care options and being seen t 9 wks not the normal 12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it with all 3 pregnancies and it was easier the third time altho still upsetting sometimes. I didn't use drugs as I have allergies to maxalon etc but I got used to the vomiting all day and night and just lived with it. I adjusted my diet so it didn't contain foods that would burn coming back up like tomato or peppers and I always had crackers and gummy lollies to snack on constantly. Swimming did make me feel a little better. You can monitor your own hydration by the color of your urine output and by your skin , this is how I knew when to go to the hospital for a drip to rehydrated me.
    But what kept me going was knowing that it would all be over once bubs was born and that made it a bit more bearable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Just reading all your comments. I suffered from hyperemisis with both my girls. I got pregnant in sep and the dr prescribed me maxolon and I rushed to buy the blackmores Morning sickness tablets. And stocked the freezer with hydrolite poles. Unfortunately I m/c before 5 weeks. But we are trying again and I'm getting nervous. Ppl don't seem to understand extreme morning sickness isn't just 'feeling a bit seasick a few times'. Hope yours isn't as bad this time round x

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are right, Mummyx2princesses. People don't want to hear about the sickness, or they think you are just wimpy and you have normal MS. It's hard to relate to other pg women, as they don't want to hear disaster stories at what should be a happy time, and most tend not to understand how bad it can be.
    I was lucky in that Maxalon worked a tiny bit for me, but many a day my partner came home from work to find me hunched over a bucket in the same pos I was in when he left. Water therapy was the only thing that helped me, and IV fluids.

As per a previous poster, when my bub was born the placenta was grey and gritty, unhealthy and falling apart. I also had an abruption, but the general condition of the placenta was poor even accounting for this. Bub and I were so very lucky.

For me it was not the vomitting, it was the unremitting torture of the nausea. I couldn't count how many times in a day I vomitted, it was just hours and hours and hours of it; most days all day.

A pp suggested earlier making and freezing easy meals. This is actually a great idea to get the rest of the family fed, as often just handling food can lead to vomitting, but many women with HG just can't stomach meals full stop. Small sips of liquid meals and dry crackers are about it. The cry of 'it will subside by 12-13w' also does not apply for many women who suffer with this extreme condition often through to the third trimester and even through the birth. It left me personally almost totally unable to enjoy my pg and birth, except in rare moments when it actually subsided for a while. I vomitted for 3hours after the birth, and couldn't see my bub for hours. He was wheeled off in a humidicrib and my partner stayed with me instead of going with the baby ~ he knew the baby was ok but I was in hell.

For me, getting out of the house was mandatory to coping. I didn't care if I took a bucket or bag to hurl in; just getting out of the house helped get my brain in a different zone and thinking about anything other than nausea helped me to cope. To the women who kept working while sick ~ I don't know how you kept up any semblance of normalcy. You are amazing.

Good luck to anyone currently suffering. I'd love another bub and this is furthest down on my list of worries if I become pg agaain. I coped somehow last time, and I know I'd cope again. Still though, it would be a big concern if the miraculous happened and I had another bub. At least I now have a support in this thread if that does happen! Thanks, Ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

Oh I hear you! I lost 12kg by the time I was about 16-18 weeks with DS1 and was hospitalised a few times. It was awful and people just don't get it. I react badly to maxolon and nothing else worked. Zofran sometimes stopped the vomiting. I vomited every single day right up until 42 weeks when I gave birth.

I fell pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was 17 months and the vomiting started again at 6 weeks and didn't stop until 34 weeks and DS2 was born at 38 weeks and the day I went into labour with him I was 11kg lighter than I was when I fell pregnant.

I'm now 6w 4d with #3 and already vomiting daily. It's not quite as bad yet but it's getting worse. Going to get some Zofran for the bad days.

Hugs, it really is awful. I'd let myself forget just how bad it felt.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post

For me, getting out of the house was mandatory to coping. I didn't care if I took a bucket or bag to hurl in; just getting out of the house helped get my brain in a different zone and thinking about anything other than nausea helped me to cope. To the women who kept working while sick ~ I don't know how you kept up any semblance of normalcy. You are amazing.
    This was the same for me getting out and about was hard but it made me feel half normal. I had a lunch box in my car that I regularly had to clean out once I got to work.

It was a disgusting time hahaha!!! My colleagues were fantastic though and my boss set me up to work from home on the really bad days when I couldn't make the 40min drive to the office.