+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is she on medication? If so what? Hopefully she finds a good dr to support her through this. Unfortunately most drs have no idea what to do

You being there to help with her DS is amazing. HG is a battle of the mind and body... Everyone has different experiences. But they all suck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a little advice if this is normal pregnancy sickness or maybe the start of HG. Nausea was mild and on/off from week 3-5 and started badly at 5 weeks, at first major food aversions but felt ok if I found the 'perfect' thing to eat. After a few days it turned into nausea waking me up at 4 am and vomiting anything I ate in the morning, all day unremitting nausea but able to eat and drink. I am 6 weeks now and it has gotten much worse, I can't stand or stomach the thought of any food, barely ate yesterday and slept all day from the exhaustion of feeling so sick, attempted Gatorade and fruit tingles at night which came straight back up, since 6 am today everything makes me vomit even water and ice chips. Kept down 1 small bread roll, my vitamins and 1/4 of a piece of toast in 24 hours. Luckily the vomiting has stopped and i have caught up on water and hydralyte this evening, but even a bite of dry cracker has me dry retching. Even my own saliva has me dry retching. I feel like if I let myself I could actually vomit at any second but I can kind of distract myself for long enough so that water is absorbed and I dry retch instead of vom. I have lost 2-3 kilos in the last week also. Everything and everyone smells awful to me. Both my mum and my sister had HG in their pregnancies, so on my sister's advice I am going to the GP tomorrow to ask for medication but I'm just wondering, does this sound like the start of HG and how do I push my GP for treatment if he is reluctant??
    Also wondering how anyone continues working with severe m/s or HG? I've luckily been on annual leave for the last week, but meant to be back this week. I can't see it happening if I still feel like this..
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can try a few over the counter meds too. Restivit works well. It can put you to sleep though so take 0.5-1tab at night before bed. And ranitidine (zantac tabs). Take 150mg morning and night. And vitamin b6, 50mg three times a day (no more than 200mg daily). These in conjunction with other meds should at least help you.

There is info on the helpHER website that will help you figure our if it's hyperemesis or ms. Either way it's not nice. Good luck at drs, ask for zofran.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies I am new to this forum so forgive me if I have posted in the incorrect place. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and have suffered from Hyperemesis since week 3 My partner and I lost a baby earlier this year because of this horrible illness and also did some damage to my liver and kidneys. I was not going to let this stop me from trying once again to create our little miracle and once given the all clear a month after our first loss we started trying again and amazingly conceived immediately during May this year. Just like last time it kicked off around week 3 despite all of the preparation I did, in the way of cleansing my body and taking what seemed to be a million vitamins. I began emergency department visits at approx. week 8 after it got to the point where I had not even been able to keep water down in over 48 hours, there I was given fluids and ondansetron 16mg through the IV. The visits ended up becoming so regular that they set up a hospital in the home programme where a nurse would come twice a day to administer fluids and ondansetron. Eventually I was able to cease hospital in the home at week 16 and control the vomiting with ondansetron and hydrolite iceypoles. I am happy to say that today I am doing great and off the meds and our little man is thriving. The fluids and the medication I was on was my saviour and in my opinion stopped yet another loss. If you are not coping and not keeping fluids down don't hesitate to attend emergency and don't leave until they have a care plan in place for you! This illness can get out of hand very quickly and leave a devastating path in its wake, I have experienced this first hand. Look after yourselves and your little miracles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm suffering from HG again this pregnancy (I have a DD born 2011) and I'm really struggling emotionally to cope. No one seems to understand just how sick I feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    I'm suffering from HG again this pregnancy (I have a DD born 2011) and I'm really struggling emotionally to cope. No one seems to understand just how sick I feel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is extremely horrible!!!! I'm so lucky to have had the most supportive understanding partner who only ever left my side to go to work. You definitely need emotional support as well as medical, its hard for other to be supportive when they have not had such an experience themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so horrible to hear other women suffering but I'm glad I'm not alone because that's how I have been feeling. I now weigh 48.6 kgs & was originally bout 53/54 kgs when I found out I was pregnant. It worries me that at 11weeks pregnant this is all I weigh but I can't keep food down & my metabolism is already quite speedy so it's easy for me to lose weight even if I don't want to. It's getting really hard to cope now because I can't manage going to work & I'm not getting paid so I worry about money a lot. When I do go to work I end up very ill, even just a half day is so overwhelming & all the food & coffee smells set my vomiting off even more. I only feel relief when I'm sleeping & that's all I want to do! I feel bad for my husband because I just want to curl up in a ball & wait for it to be over. Emotionally I am exhausted too & it's only the love for this little critter that keeps me going through this nightmare. Praying this will all be over by week 12 or I don't know what I'm going to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Quick intro.. We found out on Sunday that we are pregnant again and I'm so scared. Scared that HG hasn't kicked in yet and scared that it will kick in. My Dr out me on Mirtazapine and so far its helping. Happy Christmas to you all

PS< Hoping my ticker thingy works, never used one before!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reviving this thread as I have had HG since 5 weeks. Many hospital trips have followed, now 17+4 and no relief. So many people said it would be over in 2nd trimester. ..That wasn't true!

Every day is a struggle, ondansetron is giving me headaches on top of everything else, and I spontaneously just pass out. I am still trying to work, but have maybe done 3 shifts out of the past 2o or so.

Anyone still out there with HG?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app