+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only had it got twelve weeks with my son. I'm now 18 weeks with my second and still sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Baroness. I'll def try Up and Go. Thanks fit the tip re milo. I have a max of 2 cups a day but kinda going off it. Does that happen with anyone else? You can handle something for a few days then can't be near it?

I had a bad day today. I went to work because I kept breakfast down but it hit at 9.30. I'm a teacher so as you can imagine HG and teaching don't mix. It was a very difficult day. I'm feeling really dehydrated and if I can't keep fluid down tonight, I'll be at the ED on fluid grrrr. I've managed to sip a glass of icy yellow Gatorade.

To the question about repeated cases of HG- I've got it again in my second pregnancy and I've read the relapse rate is very high. Grrrrr!

So glad I found this group. I've met a few others with HG but it's so helpful to know ur not alone. The emotional side of it is really hard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goat For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Thanks, Baroness. I'll def try Up and Go. Thanks fit the tip re milo. I have a max of 2 cups a day but kinda going off it. Does that happen with anyone else? You can handle something for a few days then can't be near it?
    Definitely! I find something that seems to stay down then within a few days its on my list of things I can't go near. Sometimes I'll try them again a few weeks later but most of the time it's still a problem. I just hope once this is all over I can go back to eating some things - chocolate is on the bad list right now which is heartbreaking!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Iv been keeping down soda water the last few days (the natural lime flavor one). some has come up but considering NO water stays down, I say this is a definite win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thought it was about time I popped my head in here!
    So just got out of hospital with Hyperemesis gravidarum..... I'm almost 17 weeks and it got to the point a few days ago that my body started having seizures from the extreme dehydration and exhaustion :-( but the little bubby is perfectly fine. Have had really really debilitating morning sickness since week 3- that's how I found out I was pregnant. Was on anti emetics but had a tolerance to them, and went down hill fast. When we got to the hospital they asked why I hadn't mentioned it being this bad before- to be honest I didn't think it was that bad but looks like it is. Feeling a bit better now, and home again but on a medication regime for the next 4 weeks before we see if it disappears.
    Found it hard being told how serious it was at the time but can not give the Women's and Children's hospital in Adelaide enough praise there care and support was amazing!
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wheels! Sorry to hear about your experience. In my first pregnancy I had no idea how bad I was. This time, I've been to emergency once so far and they took one look at me and put me on IV fluid and intravenous meds- I'm looking after myself better this time.

Body seizures sound scary :/ I hope things start looking up for you. It would be scary to face the realisation of how ill you are but now you know how bad it is and what can be done to help. Sounds like you have a really bad case and fingers crossed you've had the worst of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words goat!
    Yeah pretty annoying experience but glad that I'm finally feeling a bit better.
    With this being my first bub I didn't want to seem like I was freaking out over nothing, but obviously it wasn't nothing. Trying meds for 4 weeks and will see how I go coming off them then and if still sick probably back on them again. Even though its horrible seeing our little one, makes it soooooo worth it..... Just can't wait to meet him or her!
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya, MissTrouble. Chocolate was one of my fave foods, and I suddenly went RIGHT off it when I had HG. By about 20wks I could handle it again (now I distinctly remember the nurse commenting about how 'all set up' I was when I had pre-term labour hospital admission at 27wks, and took a good book and a bar of choc with me to the hospy...so I must have been into the choc again by that far through!). Unfortunately, though, I even threw up all the way through the labour, and for 3hrs after the birth. Gosh, that sucked hard. I realy thought the nausea would ease after giving birth...at least the vomitting helped with pushing. I do remember stressing that I'd throw up on the baby!

Thank goodness I know more about the available meds than I did last time round, if I have another, thanks to the ladies in this thread.

Yes, the emotional stress of HG is huge. And not wanting to bring others down when they ask about the pg, and not wanting to 'down' other pg women who are elated and having a good time of it. Also hard is when you mention you have HG or morn sickness, and as most Mums have experienced some sickness, everyone says, oh yes, I had it too. Most people don't understand the gravity of HG. It's a sucky way to be gravid...

Wheels ~ that's how I hung in there, too. Looking endlessly at my ultrasound pics and being as excited as I could to meet the bub, and knowing there was, at least, an end to it sooner or later. Unfortunately that only gets you so far when you feel just so goddamn, rottonly awful...

Do what you have to do to get through.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Baroness and everyone else....

Counting down the days till my 20 week scan..... 13 days....
    On odanzatron at the moment for HG but oh my it causes the worst constipation, I know I haven't been eating or drinking much but damn....
    Questioning if I'm having pre-bubby depression or if its just the HG getting to me when I have those few moments of no nausea and vomiting a day I'm happy and excited and happy but as soon as the nausea hits hard and I reach for the vom bags I just get soooo depressed.... When I was in hospital last week she said lots of women who have HG feel like this and it's ok..... But just feel so overwhelmed.
    Living on lemonade and the occasional cup of soup I can keep down, anything and everything else I cant stomach!
    Love and hugs to everyone who deals with this....xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wheels, I'd say it's the HG getting you down. If you are able to feel happy when you're not chucking/nauseated, it's prob the emotional overload from HG.

It is so horribly overwhelming and crap. I started feeling sick this evening and am wondering whether it's early morn sick. IF I am pg, and that's a big if, I could only be about 3wks. How long till implantation after dtd happens? I'll have to look it up again.

Very exciting about your scan, wheels! Are you going to find out the sex, or have the surprise?

Hang in there. I found that kind of countdown to really help ~ 10 days till scan, 20 days till end of tri 2, etc etc. It's much more manageable in little chunks than thinking, oh god, I have 4 more months of this...? AAAARRGH!

Hopefully some of you will start to feel better at some point. For me it was about 23wks, I think, then it came back for the last few weeks, so I did have about 6wks of feeling like a normal (albeit pregnant) woman.

How are you doing, Almai? I was reading the Edwards thread, and saw your story there. Full on... Hope you are doing ok, too.

I get it about the soda water. The bubbles seem to help for some reason. A different texture in your mouth can bypass the brain/stomach wanting to hurl everything back up.

Strangely, usually the vomit reflex is subdued by being horizontal ~ not so with HG, except upon awakening. Gosh, it so sucks. I am NOT looking forward to any level of morn sick if I really am pg. Maybe I just feel a little off...that's what I'm telling myself, anyway! Off I go to look up implantation times!

Well, duh, it's 6 or 7d to 10d after ovulation. I have too much info stored in my brain, and sometimes simple things drop out...
    Last edited by BaronessM; 15-04-2013 at 21:57. Reason: A my own Q...