+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Number3- I'm so sorry to hear of your loss GBH!
    I hope this time round gives you a healthy sticky babe and minimal sickness xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

number3  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through number3. Fingers crossed for your bfp this month and we'll b there for you with your HG xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummyx2 princesses For This Useful Post:

number3  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Hyperemesis sufferers

How did everyone survive Xmas? My car trip was absolutely awful, I went through a whole pack of vomit bags and we Had to stop so many times.

Funnily enough it wasnt that that had me in hospital while on holidays, I had some pretty serious stomach pains and went to the ER and ended up having a scan as they thought it was my appendix but also wanted to give me the all clear considering my previous abruption.

Turns out that I have pulled stomach muscles from carrying my 2.5 year old around too much and I'm no longer allowed to pick him up

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Peanutmonkey- I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough time

I went on holidays for new year and spent most of it on the couch or in the toilet... I had an ondaz wafer each day but that only gave me 3 hours of relief so only left the hotel room a few times.. Seemed a waste really.
    I nearly passed out one day and DP put me infront of the aircon and forced me to sip Gatorade...

I had a wafer tonight so I could make a big dinner for DP to say thanks for looking after me. Now I'm back on the couch after throwing up half of it.

My dr keeps telling me it should ease at 15-16 weeks (now 11).... I really hope it does and I hope all of you are doing ok xxx

Can I ask- are any of you constipated? I always am and today im getting cramps again and haven't gone in about a week now... I don't want more medication and I know it's cuz of the lack of water but i just cant keep fluids down.. I don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg. reading through this thread makes me almost emotional with compassion.... I'm so sorry for you ladies and I will never complain about my 'can still drink coffee' morning sickness EVER again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Almai- yes very constipated and they take it quite serious in hospital. If its been a week you'll be at the horrible stage of the cold cramps that make you feel like you need to go and hurt, but you can't go. I think I posted previously about having to have morphine for the pain after about a week and a half without going. Well I got to 10 days without going again and so dehydrated. After my 5th trip to a&e in New Year's Day I ended up getting admitted for 3 days for severe dehydration and the constipation. They prescribed coloxyl & senna tablets combined, and syrup- lactulose or something it's called, and micro lax enemas. But u can buy all this but def see a doctor first.
    Had to have iv - sickness med,vitamin B, and paracetamol all through vein so by the 3rd day my vein packed in and refused anything else.

Since I've been out I seen to have my sickness a bit under control (dare I say it) having 1 maxalon when I wake, then zofran, then max, then zofran, then max again. So 5 tablets a day. I'm managing crackers and cottage cheese and weetabix. So still not managing alot but getting better gradually. Hoping I don't relapse.

12 week scan tomorro. Can't believe what a tiny baby can survive through x

Thanks
    Reviews

Ladies hope it's easing a bit for you. I'm relapsing and going down hill fast. Dehydration headaches Etc kicking in badly.

Plus side I had my scan on mon and baby doing good. They put me slightly further on so now 13 weeks 1 day.

Thanks
    Reviews

MummyX2 I hope your downhill spiral has passed? How are you feeling?
    I'm in one again now at 14+6w
    The last few days have been hell... I can almost guarantee I'll be in hospital by end of the week...

When other sufferers had HG, (if it eased up) when did it and was it a gradual process of feeling a little better each day? Or wake up on the magical X day and just feel better??
    Everyone keeps telling me to hold out for 16 weeks and I'll be better... I don't want to get my hopes up but I neeeeed a break
    82 days of vomiting and counting...

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is still floating around in this thread? I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first and finding it incredibly difficult. I was diagnosed with HG after ending up in hospital last week and having three bags of fluids put through. I'm currently taking 8mg zofran twice a day plus maxolon in between but I only get an hour relief at a time. I'm only vomiting a few times a day which sounds pathetic but the nausea is unending. Honestly I'm terrified this wont ease up at the end of the first trimester and I don't think I can cope with much more. I'm going to try acupuncture tomorrow so wondered if anyone has had any success with this? Or any other suggestions for how to get through? Thanks for reading...

Thanks
    Reviews

I have found great support through a hyperemesis Facebook page, Facebook search 'hyperemesis gravidarum support Australia'

Iv also changed meds thanks to their information.
    Dozile/restivit is a life saver for many. It gave me a week and a half relief but unfortunately I'm in another downhill spiral at 17+4w

I'm sorry you are HG sick too. It's not fair, it's not easy and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone! Xxx