+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile Mackay Meet-up! (You know you want to!)

Hi there, Mackay peeps!

It is about time that the Mackay bubhubbers log off BH for a while, jump into the car (as the public transport is atrocious here) and meet up for a coffee with kids in tow. (no, no, not NOW. I'm just planning ahead!)

Anyone is welcome, whether they are young, old(er), ttc, expectant mum/dad, mum/dad of one or many, etc. The objective is to create IRL connections and give those kids some fresh air!

Suggestions of days and locations are most welcome. All I know is that I will be there with frizzy hair, frazzled nerves, hyperactive kids and a big smile.

Any takers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (11-06-2012),Purpz  (11-06-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Me!!!!
    YAY!

Do you have any preferred days/times? A Monday or Tuesday would be best for me, as my DP is not working those days and can drive me wherever we meet up, and/or even have one of the kids to make things a bit easier. But I'll definitely try to make any day work.

I suppose we should try to find a fenced playground in close proximity to a cafe/shop, so that we don't have to chase the kids around all the time, and starve in the process. And a plea that is relatively easy to get to for everyone.

The only place I can think of is the new playground close to Bluewater Lagune and Canelands shopping centre. It isn't fenced though, but it might be ok.

Any other suggestions, or things we need to take into consideration?

Oooooh, I am so excited!

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for other Mackay residents! C'mon now!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh not fair. I so want to come but I'm pretty sure no matter how I stretch it, Mackay is too far. WAAAAAAH.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well I was going to say the park at town beach, it's fully fenced and really good, but could be hard for people to get to (I'm happy to pick people up), and hasn't got a cafe or anything near by.

I don't know what's over north side?

I'm pretty easy with where ever it is. And days. My oldest is in daycare Monday, Tuesday and Friday so I try to make at least 2 of those days "sleep days" lol, but I really don't mind what days. DD2 goes down for a sleep around 11 or 12 but again we are flexible with that so really any day and time would suit us

But yes, location could prove difficult. The park at the lagoon would probably be most convenient as its got the cafes and buses etc. and it's not close to the road.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-06-2012)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Oh not fair. I so want to come but I'm pretty sure no matter how I stretch it, Mackay is too far. WAAAAAAH.
    Aaaaw, you luffs me... but get your prioritises straight, girlfriend! Suff London, Paris and New York; Mackay is where it's at! (And I've got a guest bedroom for you and your missus!)

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Well I was going to say the park at town beach, it's fully fenced and really good, but could be hard for people to get to (I'm happy to pick people up), and hasn't got a cafe or anything near by.

I don't know what's over north side?

I'm pretty easy with where ever it is. And days. My oldest is in daycare Monday, Tuesday and Friday so I try to make at least 2 of those days "sleep days" lol, but I really don't mind what days. DD2 goes down for a sleep around 11 or 12 but again we are flexible with that so really any day and time would suit us

But yes, location could prove difficult. The park at the lagoon would probably be most convenient as its got the cafes and buses etc. and it's not close to the road.
    The park at Town Beach is probably a good idea, actually. It is close to the town centre so it would be easy to pick up some snacks, etc. And I'm probably the only one who isn't driving, anyways!

We'll see if anyone else want to join us. If not, we'll just sort out the time and day amongst ourselves. It's quite far for you to drive if you was going to pick me up, so if we make it a Mon or Tuesday I'll get my man to do it!

Can't wait until my MIL leaves and we can do this thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I really don't mind picking you up- like I said it gives me an excuse to drive lol. You will just have to put up with me yelling at other drivers because quite frankly Mackay drivers are hopeless lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (13-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post

Aaaaw, you luffs me... but get your prioritises straight, girlfriend! Suff London, Paris and New York; Mackay is where it's at! (And I've got a guest bedroom for you and your missus!)

Course I luffs you. Darn tootin'. Maybe DPs annual leave holiday can be to Mackay next time?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ello ello!!!!!

I would love to catch up but work 9-3 mon-fri.... i do live right near that park though!!