+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Triple P parenting

Hi
    Has anyone tried the triple p parenting technique??? If so does it work & where can I go to attend a session either on the Gold Coast or Brisbane...

Now a VENT......

I have an almost 5yr old step daughter (SD) & 2 kids under 2 of my own with 3rd on way...
    DH let's SD get away with everything coz he doesn't want her 4 days with us 2 B horrible so that she will always want 2 come over 2 our house...which I totally get but she is starting 2 play us all against each other, & she is getting rather spoilt by DH...
    U might just think I'm being mean by saying she is getting spoilt...
    but when it comes down 2 having no money left to pay bills or buy food, coz DH has gone & brought SD a $6k 12hand pony 2 start riding in shows.. Plus all the gear so far this year this new sport of hers has cost us close 2 $15k

So the reason I want 2 do the parenting course is coz DH will not disclipline SD at all... She never eats dinner fights with us 2 leave table n DH let's her then n hr l8r runs to DH saying she is hungry so he gives her whatever she wants...
    This makes me furious coz she gets her way again..when DH is not around at dinner time SD is a dream child eats everything & does not say boo...
    The ex called DH the other day & said is she being naughty at your house coz she is telling her mum to F-off... Now she has never ever said that at our place but DH did tell the ex that she disobey's everything that I tell her...
    The ex said 2 DH that she says 2 her that Daddy gives her everything & she will never do what I ask her 2 do ever..

I know every child probably does this but it's starting 2 hurt my relationship coz I'm sick of seeing SD treated like a balloon that will pop if we upset her all because as DH says she is from a split family who's mother is also diagnosed split personality disorder ......she needs to be loved more!!!
    Ok vent over

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was desperate to do the course but couldnt find anywhere to do it and it was going to cost alot. I purchased their book "every parent" and as I was reading would relay what I read to my husband. I found it to be an absolute savior! My children were 4-8 and I was miserable and feeling like things were out of control. The thing is I really would have preferred to not be the one telling my husband how to do things. I mean it would have been nice if he read the book or did the course but neither was an option. We have since discovered that they have opened a Triple p centre now in Indooroopilly (spelling?) Brisbane and they run group courses there or individual sessions. Also they have DVDs you can buy but are really expensive but apparently some library's have them to borrow out. It is a great loving parenting method.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejoypeace For This Useful Post:

Kjlangel81  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoypeace View Post
    I was desperate to do the course but couldnt find anywhere to do it and it was going to cost alot. I purchased their book "every parent" and as I was reading would relay what I read to my husband. I found it to be an absolute savior! My children were 4-8 and I was miserable and feeling like things were out of control. The thing is I really would have preferred to not be the one telling my husband how to do things. I mean it would have been nice if he read the book or did the course but neither was an option. We have since discovered that they have opened a Triple p centre now in Indooroopilly (spelling?) Brisbane and they run group courses there or individual sessions. Also they have DVDs you can buy but are really expensive but apparently some library's have them to borrow out. It is a great loving parenting method.
    Thank you so much I'll look into the course at indooroopilly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out the Benevolent Society's centres- North Gold Coast Early Years Centre @ Nerang; Child & Family Centre at Labrador & Browns Plains Early Years Centre. They all run the Triple P program for free. They also run Circle of Security and 123 Magic for free and are all excellent programs. PM me if you want contact details for any of the centres.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Triple P parenting

There are a few free sessions happening in Brisbane shortly.

Group Dates //
    Group One- Saturday 10 November/Saturday 24 November -9am to 3pm Group Two - Saturday 01 December/Saturday 08 December -9am to 3pm

Participants must attend on both days. Only 15 spots are available per group.

Seminar Dates //
    Seminar Day One - Saturday 17 November - 9:00am to 3:00pm
    Seminar Day Two - Sunday 02 December - 9:00am to 3:00pm

Held at Accoras (172 Evans Road, Salisbury)

Email kcampbell@accoras.com.au to register.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Triple P parenting

I did the 123 magic parenting course and found it extremely helpful they had the triple p course at the same place but didn't try that one