+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a fussy eater - she's 15 months.
    Like you have all said even the list of crap things she will eat doesn't mean she always does it! We go thru phases of the staple she eats. Scrambled egg (done to death in the microwave yuk!!) is a go 90% of the time
    Those of you that give vitamins, what do u give and why did u chose that one? The madam is lactose intolerant so has her formula at night. So at least has nutrients from that!
    Sigh - I'm a shocker myself and always said she's my karma, i just have always made a huge effort to try not to pass my fussy eating on!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pipsicle For This Useful Post:

dido  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like lots of others are going through the same thing... I try not to get too upset but it is really frustrating.

Had a little win tonight when I got her to eat pan fried thinly sliced sweet potato by calling it "chips" and letting her dunk it in tomato sauce, that's 2 serves of veges in my book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Does she only want to eat white or cream coloured foods?

***Sent from my phone***
    Oh my god - I have to steal this thread, that is my eldest - he is better than he was (still very fussy) but up until he was 4 it was all about white and creamy coloured food. What does it mean??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Can I ask - how did the salad eating and zucchini tasting come about? Did you out salad on their plates every night for 5 years before one day they just simply ate it? Have you served dd3 carrots and zucchinis on a regular basis and she just randomly decided to eat it the other day or do you encourage/reward etc ? I feel I've tried everything and some times feel I've out way too much emphasis on carrots being eaten for my kids to ever actually enjoy them (if you know what I mean!)
    No rewards. They just eat it or don't eat it. I tried forcing but it just ends in tears with them and me. No emphasis on eating anything. I used to but I could only do it so long with the 3 of them before I felt like it was effecting my sanity so I stopped and took the pretend I don't care approach.

I do work out the food shopping and dinners and snacks etc around them and try to get them involved in food choices. I have the CSIRO for kids book and have shown them bits in the book at times. I have spoken about how important good food is for their energy and health etc. And how important good food for energy is especially when they want to do gymnastics (DD1 & DD2) and swimming (DD3) and how if they don't have enough energy they will struggle at gymnastics and swimming etc. I even have a book called what food is that and how healthy is it that I have pulled out at times. (Mainly for DD1 as she was the fussiest for the longest)

With the salad eating I knew they really wouldn't touch the cooked veggies with the dinner. I wont seperate it all though. If they don't want the veggies in the dinner then they have to seperate it themselves. So because I knew there was next to no chance of them eating the cooked veggies I added some raw ones. I added a couple of pieces each of cucumber, raw carrot and capsicum on their plates. Then they either eat it or not. Then if we are having salad with dinner they either take some salad out of the bowl or not. But yeah, pretty much years and years of adding the odd piece of salad veggies (and having cooked veggies on their plates) before they decided to actually eat the salad veggies and decided it was actually ok.

It started with cucumber for DD1 and DD3 but really only maybe 2yrs ago for both and then DD2 started eating a little bit of red capsicum about the same time. Then the end of last year DD1 shocked me (she was in Year 7) and asked for a proper salad for lunch at school and DD3 copied. They both hate tomatoes though. DD3 will actually eat more than DD1. DD1 likes lettuce, cucumber, red capsicum, carrot and alfalpha sprouts while DD3 likes all that plus absolutely loves snow peas. She saw me eating them and decided to try one one day. This year DD3 has actually asked for a whole nudie container of cucumber and snow peas for school. I have even seen her put a whole cucumber in her lunch a few times when she decided to make her own lunch for school. LOL

The dinner we had the other day was a slow cooked apricot chicken curry with zuccini, carrot and onion in it with rice. DD2 said ewww I'm not eating the veggies (as usual) and I said oh, well it's good for you. DD3 said ok I will try it and ate a piece of zuccini but then needed to have a big drink of water afterwards and did the same with a piece of carrot. (DH and I pretended not to be shocked while I tried to watch her eat it out of the corner of my eye) Didn't want any more but it's a start. And apart from thats good or ok good girl from DH and I we didn't make much of a big deal about her eating it either. Same as we don't make a big deal of not eating it, it's just dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dido View Post
    Sounds like lots of others are going through the same thing... I try not to get too upset but it is really frustrating.

Had a little win tonight when I got her to eat pan fried thinly sliced sweet potato by calling it "chips" and letting her dunk it in tomato sauce, that's 2 serves of veges in my book!
    Actually thats how DD3 started to eat cucumber. I thought it was ewww but she dunked it in tomato sauce and ate it.