+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bouncers - stupid question re: different types.

I'm shopping around for a bouncer for next bub and I've noticed they are either styled like this:

or like this:

Why is this? I can't figure it out. Is there any difference or is it purely a cosmetic thing? The second one looks a lot more boring haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure but i wish I'd not bought mine, only used it twice! Ended up buying a swing that was used a million times though

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just cosmetic

The second one is more like the type my mum had for me.

We have one like the first.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just by looking at the picture it seems the top one has the vibrating function whereas the bottom one doesn't. Other than that I just the the top one looks more baby friendly and not so sterile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys.

The main thing was I can't figure out why the second one was so expensive and was getting such great reviews on the web. As you say babalooba it looks quite sterile, no vibration (or music probably) and the toys are pretty lame! Maybe I'm missing something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are so expensive because of the people that like baby products that look modern and not so 'baby' like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We bought a version of the top one, its got bunnies on it and stuff and was on sale at the Target Baby Sale a few weeks back. Its got the vibrate, the music. We got one because we had a different style with our 2nd and she loved it, spent most of her time in there just happy as Larry.

The bottom one looks like it came out of Star Trek. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Live long and prosper but I'm not into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I have bought one like the top one (except a swing version) and I also bought the baby Bjorn babysitter balance (bottom one). The bottom one blows them out of the water! It is expensive but also holds a baby up to 13kg and is extremely comfortable. Its more like a seat. I think they havent changed the model in recent years - i dont think they need to. My DS much prefers the bottom one and I'm selling my swing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    id get a swing instead. My kids lOVED the swings, but got board in the bouncers.