+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I have a question. And I know it's going to sound like a really passive aggressive one, so I will preface this by saying I really really REALLY promise it isn't!

Deep breath... I don't understand how kids are getting that dirty all the time?

Erm... By that I mean, DD very rarely spills any food on herself. She did when she was about 6-15mths (ish) and then we always put a bib on her. So even then it hardly ever got on to her clothes - just the bib. And since then, she doesn't really spill anything.

If I give her something like spaghetti for dinner then it will be messy, but I would then put a bib on her, or strip her off. During the day she doesn't spill anything like fruit, toast, sandwiches, etc.

Sometimes she might spill a little baby cino on herself, but it's only minor, and a wipe gets rid of it straight away. (And I do wipe it, as I don't want it to stain).

She can do what she likes in the park, or at playgroup. If it's rainy/ muddy she wears gumboots and a coat, but she still doesn't get that messy/ dirty.

I'm not trying to make out she's perfect, or anything like that. But some people are saying how impossible it is to keep kids clean, and how they feel sorry for kids who are clean/ nicely dressed as they don't get a chance to play.

Well, DD does play lots. She just doesn't get THAT messy. I'm just not understanding...?

Really, no ill intent meant with this post! Just trying to understand.
    If I lived near you I'd introduce you to my Ds,

Food - apple is fine, everything else will end up from his toes to his hair tips.

Vegemite sandwich or toast I will be wiping it out of his ears.

If paint is at playgroup I shudder as I know I will end up scrubbing his hair and wiping under his arms :/ he is a cyclone of mess

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone has ever had a toddler they will know its impossible to keep them clean for 5 minutes! AND how impossible it is to dress/change them. I'm a single mum and want to slap anyone who thinks its that simple to keep them clean! Even non-single parents with all the help in the world would understand this.

So my answer is, don't care! :0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    That's Chanel!

She's got a double crown, which is a PITA in itself, but then she's also got wavy hair underneath, but her top layers and sides are kind of straight... but this whispy, frizzy kind of straight. Even immediately after I've "done" it, it's feral.
    My little bro has a double crown. They are not fun. Unfortunately little girls can't get away with a number 2 like little boys can. My daughter has her kept short. It's fine and whispy and fly away, impossible to handle, and she hates when I brush it so it sits around her ears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eh I think after reading this thread I need to chill about messy clothes. I always assumed people would look badly at me having my kids look feral.. maybe its because I'm the type of mum whose appearance gets me judged anyway.. I like to over compensate..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    That's Chanel!

She's got a double crown, which is a PITA in itself, but then she's also got wavy hair underneath, but her top layers and sides are kind of straight... but this whispy, frizzy kind of straight. Even immediately after I've "done" it, it's feral.
    My poor brother, double crown, double cowlick. He no longer has hair but his DD looks like she has at least one of each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    well i can only imagine the judging looks i would get off DD at the moment, she has gelled her hair together, has a grotty face, and a dirty shirt.. why because she has been playing all day and will get dirty at dinner as well so i just wait until after dinner for showers.
    shes a very, independent 2.5 year old and i have better battles to deal with then what she will wear that day

1) What do you think of a parent or carer taking a child out in public in obviously dirty clothes:

a) nothing wrong with it, as long as the child doesnt stink of pee etc.

2) If you saw a mother with a child in dirty clothes, would you
    c) be indifferent, wonder what fun said child was having before the mean mummy took it out.

My children are washed every night, the only time i took spare clothes with me was when they were newborns and did poo explosions. and i wouldn't now they were bigger, i dont judge children on how they look or how they dress or their parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    Walking through the shopping car park, my kids will touch cars, tyres, poles, walls... and then wipe it on their clothes.

That's life.
    Ahhhhh sorry off topic but pet hate here cant stand kids touching other peoples cars in car parks!!!! Ours is black and hate seeing someones kid has ran their hands along it 😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    My poor brother, double crown, double cowlick. He no longer has hair but his DD looks like she has at least one of each.
    My nephew has a double crown and a witches peak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    Ahhhhh sorry off topic but pet hate here cant stand kids touching other peoples cars in car parks!!!! Ours is black and hate seeing someones kid has ran their hands along it ������
    Same! Except the person running their hands along our car is usually DD...

Actually I've just realised why she stays clean. She doesn't wipe anything on herself - she comes over to me and tries to wipe it on me!!! (And usually gets intercepted...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Holy craperoni the judgment in this thread is unbelievable! Mums have lives. They have things to do, places to be. Kids are messy. If you want to spend half your life changing your kids' clothes and washing then good for you, but seriously, if you actually notice a child in dirty clothes and have some sort of negative thought - GET A LIFE!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2012),Benji  (11-06-2012),LoveLivesHere  (11-06-2012),sunshine80  (11-06-2012),wrena  (11-06-2012)