+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Girl x, truly some kids are just complete grots. Half the time their parents couldn't tell you how they got so filthy, they breathe and they're covered in muck. It's uncanny. And nothing to do with how they are raised or how well cared for they are (not saying you were saying that at all), just as very clean kids aren't always so clean because their parents don't let them play in the mud, it just seems to stick to some kids more

ETA, I don't bother putting a bib on DS. It's just one more thing to wash, as he gets food on the bib, and under the bib too. Gumboots? Fill with muddy water within 10 seconds.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 11-06-2012 at 14:11.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-06-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would judge more over dirty hands/faces/snotty noses and dirty/smelly hair than clothes that are a little dirty or have food on the front.

Personally, pjs stay on here until after breakfast. They then go straight into the wash as everything in this house only gets worn once.

I rarely carry a spare set of clothes with me for DS2 but I always have wipes on hand. My kids hate having dirty hands and faces and will usually ask me for a wipe lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Girl X, I think I understand where you are coming from.

My second daughter is a lot like yours and more often than not finishes the day in the same set of clothes as she started in, and they are very clean.

My FIRST daughter on the other hand.... lol, she is a grub! It seems she only has to walk past mess and it will end up on her.

If I had have had my children the other way around I am sure I would have been asking the same question!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I have a question. And I know it's going to sound like a really passive aggressive one, so I will preface this by saying I really really REALLY promise it isn't!

Deep breath... I don't understand how kids are getting that dirty all the time?

Erm... By that I mean, DD very rarely spills any food on herself. She did when she was about 6-15mths (ish) and then we always put a bib on her. So even then it hardly ever got on to her clothes - just the bib. And since then, she doesn't really spill anything.

If I give her something like spaghetti for dinner then it will be messy, but I would then put a bib on her, or strip her off. During the day she doesn't spill anything like fruit, toast, sandwiches, etc.

Sometimes she might spill a little baby cino on herself, but it's only minor, and a wipe gets rid of it straight away. (And I do wipe it, as I don't want it to stain).

She can do what she likes in the park, or at playgroup. If it's rainy/ muddy she wears gumboots and a coat, but she still doesn't get that messy/ dirty.

I'm not trying to make out she's perfect, or anything like that. But some people are saying how impossible it is to keep kids clean, and how they feel sorry for kids who are clean/ nicely dressed as they don't get a chance to play.

Well, DD does play lots. She just doesn't get THAT messy. I'm just not understanding...?

Really, no ill intent meant with this post! Just trying to understand.
    I think you dd might not be old enough yet? When she is 3/4 and painting/drawing/sparkling, or has fallen in love with water play, jumping in muddy puddles, really running/riding/scotting/climbing around you might notice the difference from your clean and proper toddler to your messy fun loving preschooler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I take notice of my child. She is in clean clothes, hair is brushed and tied up if necessary, hands and nails are clean, face is clean, clothes are washed, ironed and stainless. She has hoes on. Her shoes and clothes are the right size and in good condition.

BUT

I do not take notice of others or judge unless I know them personally and know they don't buy clothes or shoes when kids outgrow them, or that they don't wash their kids or take care of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wrena View Post
    I definitely wouldn't judge someone for having their kids in dirty clothes. It just makes me think that they're relaxed enough about letting their kids explore, play and have fun. On the contrary, I'd be more likely to judge someone for having immaculate kids as I'd imagine they're either being held back from having fun or constantly prodded and poked around as they get changed and wiped and 'fixed up'. Kids who don't get dirty are more likely to have asthma and allergies and I just can't imagine how you can have a fun childhood without splashing in puddles, climbing trees, riding bikes off-track, etc, etc without fear that your parents are going to lose it because your clothes are a bit muddy and torn. Having said that, I do make sure that DD is clean when we go visiting or somewhere nice. However, if we're home or in the park or bush she can wear whatever stained and battered clothing she wants to
    Or maybe they are fun loving kids who just don't seem to get dirty?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am very much the same as lemonhead.
    Can't stand my kids being out in public grotty, always carry spare clothes and wipes everywhere I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I always wonder if this had any effect on how they are when they get older?
    My dad was in the army plus with private schools we never left the house without clean shoes, hair done, shirts tucked in etc and to this day I could never leave the house without at least my hair and makeup done,
    DH and his sisters on the other hand always go to the shops in trackies and thongs and don't care if their clothes are ironed etc when not at work

i try to do both with DS, shops, restaurants, visiting he is always immaculately dressed, I carry spare clothes and wipes but if we go to the park or gymbaroo I make sure he just has his "play clothes " on and let him make as much mess as he likes

The only thing I judge on is hair! I hate seeing kids with messy hair , just put a brush through it please!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Elijahs Mum, you would hate my daughters hair then. It's messy even if it has been brushed. We joke that it has two settings, mad professor or bird's nest.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

redcrayongirl  (11-06-2012),SassyMummy  (11-06-2012),stillwaiting  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Or maybe they are fun loving kids who just don't seem to get dirty?
    Yeah my DD is a kid who just doesn't seem to get dirty. She will happily roll in a pile of dirt or leaves or woodchips and still really doesn't have any stick.

Even when she draws on herself it comes off easily.

Hence I have no problem sending her everywhere in nice clothes. So I'm probably one of these awful mums who send their kids to pre school and the playground 'dressed up'.

It also means I have become horribly slack with bringing spare clothes or wipes with me anywhere!