+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dirty clothes on a child don't bother me as I have no idea what that child was doing 10 minutes before I saw them. Just today DD and I got baking and by the time DP arrived she was covered in chocolate cake mix, flour, piklet mix and everything else you can imagine, but we had a ball and he was having a bath after dinner so I wasn't going to bother changing her, and she's 9

I do however feel sorry for the child I help in DD's class who have finger nails longer than mine full of dirt, unbrushed hair, too small clothes in winter (or inappropriate clothing in winter) and are sitting there with rumbly tummies and snotty noses. I just want to take them home, give them a good feed, shower and some warm clothes unfortunately there's quite a few children like this at DD's school too so it's very upsetting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    In your example I would say no I don't see an issue. Like I say, it's when it's an ongoing health issue. Filthy school uniforms every day, not treating nits. Allowing kids to wear shoes everyday that have huge holes in them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-06-2012),redcrayongirl  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't give a damn about mud on people - unless perhaps you were leaving a grubby trail behind you? I wouldnt walk into Coles with muddy shoes leaving footprints everywhere, but of we had some mud/dirt on us they simply needed a wash off in the machine at home - whatever! Least you're engaged with your kid and not too pretentious to cuddle her cause she's muddy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

redcrayongirl  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Hannahly. I made sure our shoes were clean enough before we went in. And she was quite warmly and well dressed too (apart from the mud obviously haha). Judging from the responses there seems to be 9 easy-going responses for every 2 judgemental ones so they are in the minority, at least on here it would seem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think alot of it depends, i believe theres 2 types of dirty.... Theres "good" dirty, and "bad" dirty.

Good dirty - you can tell that the child has/is/was clean recently. The dirt is recent. As someone else said, other than clothes, how is the child? their hair, hands, feet, face, smell etc.

Bad dirty - grime and grubby and filth and smell.

I dont judge on a glance. Unless for instance u seen the same adult and child in public always looking the same....then maybe i would begin to wonder! SO i guess for questions 1 and 2 i would be indifferent. But i would wonder quite quickly if there was bad dirty plus Torn or mis-fitting clothes or inappropriate for the weather.

Id let my child interact with the other child, as long as it wasnt an unhygenic dirty.

In saying that, im a big one for my child having to look neat and clean and tidy, even at home we may go through 3 sets of clothes on a bad day (15mnth old) but i do let him get dirty and have fun.

If we go out for more than a brief trip shopping i will have at least 1 change of clothes, bibs, wipes etc...
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 11-06-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pffft I would have gone to coles

I've gone to coles covered in ash after hugging burnt trees all day. Then pick the kids up from day care like it. Whatever. At least if you have kids with you people know why you are dirty!

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

wrena  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do have to laugh at those defending themselves and being passive aggressive at the same time: "ooh well I have a life", "I have better things to do", "I would rather have a child who has fun"
    Yeah I'm judgemental, but at least I'll come straight out and say it

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (12-06-2012),ItWasntMe  (12-06-2012),JaneDoe  (14-06-2012),trishalishous  (12-06-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I think alot of it depends, i believe theres 2 types of dirty.... Theres "good" dirty, and "bad" dirty.

Good dirty - you can tell that the child has/is/was clean recently. The dirt is recent. As someone else said, other than clothes, how is the child? their hair, hands, feet, face, smell etc.

Bad dirty - grime and grubby and filth and smell.

I dont judge on a glance. Unless for instance u seen the same adult and child in public always looking the same....then maybe i would begin to wonder! SO i guess for questions 1 and 2 i would be indifferent. But i would wonder quite quickly if there was bad dirty plus Torn or mis-fitting clothes or inappropriate for the weather.

Id let my child interact with the other child, as long as it wasnt an unhygenic dirty.

In saying that, im a big one for my child having to look neat and clean and tidy, even at home we may go through 3 sets of clothes on a bad day (15mnth old) but i do let him get dirty and have fun.

If we go out for more than a brief trip shopping i will have at least 1 change of clothes, bibs, wipes etc...
    I wouldnt stay in town if my child was bad dirty. Good dirty, I will change asap, or head home when we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my child on saturday morning!
    Attached Images

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (12-06-2012),delirium  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ishtyban, you should see my devil spawn after every meal time...sometimes we have to shower him 3 times a day!

He's such a naughty little bean.