+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me some positive birth stories!

I am being induced tomorrow as I am 9 days overdue with no signs of the spawn wanting to shift!

I found once I was pregnant, and getting closer to my due date, that lots of women who have already given birth can be absolute jerks to new mothers as they approach the birth of their child, emphasising how much pain, tearing etc they are likely to go through...and seem to relish telling you so! So much glee in their tone!

Here's some of the lovely things I've heard recently:

"Ooooooh, soon you're gonna feel the burn!"

"You're gonna be screaming!"

Being tagged in a post of this on FB:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kPCS7JXw1b...this_earth.jpg

Hmm, thanks.

Sometimes, these comments are followed with the obligatory "oh, but when you have your baby, it's all worth it/you forget about the pain you were in" - Yeah, I know, it's the bit before that I am concerned about.

I'm lucky that I have been in the labour ward 4 times with my mother, and it didn't look fun, but not unbearable. And she has been very supportive and reassuring. I feel sorry for ladies who don't have someone like that in their life and just get told how terrible it will be by people who seem to enjoy frightening people.

What are some positive stories people have about their labours? I'm not after someone to tell me sweet, sweet lies that there is zero pain, but it would be nice to hear some stories that aren't just that I'll be in so much pain I'll wish I was dead

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know I was in labour with Ds :what: I was 8 cm dilated when I arrived.

I did end up with an episiotomy but the labour itself was good.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first labour was induced and 6 hours long. All in all it was ok. But my second was great, 1 and a half hours after my waters broke naturally ds was born without drugs. I could tell you the yuck bits but that's of no use to you. I really don't understand people who harp on about the bad bits. Good luck, you'll be fine.😉

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaleggos For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    me and DH had fun watching the contractions spike on the monitor. Ooh that was a big one! we'd say.

You can make everyone and anyone do what you want. You are running the show! Demand water massages more light less light! Be queen.

I had fun afterwards sitting in my room choosing what I had for breakfast, lunch and tea. They brought me a little menu and you circle what you want. No cooking! No dishes! Choc milk was an option! Hooray!

My C-section was amazing, the docs and team were so great. They had Ride of the Valkyries playing on a stereo inside the theatre! Such an awesome entrance into the world for my girl!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to northern For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an amazing labour. I did most of it at home and I was 8cm by the time I got to the hospital and DS was born around 2 hours after that, and home 4 hours after the birth.

I didn't have any drugs, and I spent a lot of time in the shower (with a showercap on, cos for some reason it was really important for me to still have good hair LOL)

The contractions hurt, but not unbearably so, and for me the only bit I remember being bad was when he was crowning, and even so, for me, it wasn't unbearable.

Good luck - hope you have a blissfully uneventful birth

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel a bit cheated in that although I remember it as the best day of my life, it's all a bit blurry! 12 hours from waking up thinking, "Hmmm that felt a bit different to the Braxton Hicks!", nearly all at home (had the longest shower ever! Back massages, walking around, cuddling DH), arrived at the hospital around 6cm and two hours later she was on my tummy

I did a Calmbirth course and the most significant thing I took from it was to breath. Long, deep, calm breaths. During contractions I would close my eyes and imagine my little munchkin getting closer.

I didn't feel pain so to speak, just really intense pressure. No drugs, didn't need them.

I have no idea why they feel the need to share their horror stories. I feel really sad for them, that they remember stress and fear and tension and pain instead of love and beauty :'(

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nagari For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012),lones  (16-06-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My birth story.

I was about a week overdue, so was induced.

From start to finish it was an hour long. Needed no drugs. She was just over 10 pounds and 54 cms long {and coming out of a size 8 mummy! She took up half my body!}

Honestly, when I was pushing, the first thing I felt was relief. Relief because it didn't hurt even a 1/10 of what I'd been told and had expected.

I found the "agony" to be blown out of proportion. It doesn't almost send you mad with the pain, it's certainly bearable and doesn't last long.
    And at the end, my fat little redhead was born and it was all forgotten anyway.

It's like getting a tattoo. It hurts a little and then you have an awesome thing to show for it!

You'll be totally, absolutely fine.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012),Mrs06  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow

I had some pains at the beginning of induction (after they inserted the tape) they weren't HORRIBLE just uncomfortable, out of 10 I would rate it a 5. The hot shower helped, I remember thinking during this time "oh no.. What will it be like when I'm in active labour"
    All the pains went and I just felt little pain every now and again.. I remember sitting their looking at the monitor thinking "WOW that was a big one" but I had no real "PAIN"
    My waters broke naturally, I called the buzzer and was transferred to labor ward.

When I got their I told them I wanted an epidural as I was so afraid of the pain that would come, they checked me and I was 8cm.. So we went on with it
    As time went by and i was ready to push me and Dh were having little giggles about silly things and when contractions hit I was able to breath through them, lean on my husband and get through it, I did have gass so that might have helped.

NO ONE believes me when I say the pain wasn't "Horrendous" it was uncomfortable yes, but not what I was expecting as every one told me it would feel like I was going to die etc.

I can't say how it felt pushing her out, I had a C-section in the end (Had nothing at all to do with the induction, the induction was done due to my blood pressure and DD showing signs of stress before induction, I wanted to try induction to see how I would go naturally, so the induction didn't lead to my c-sec, pre existing problems did)

I made it to 10cm and pushed for a while, I really wish I didn't spend most of my last trimester freaking out about the pain of contractions, once your in that situation your body just takes over and for me the pain was bearable.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also can't believe someone tagged you in that photo on FB

Maybe you could tag them in a not so nice picture telling them where to go, something along the lines of "Wow.. Your a real D*Head

I family member who has 3 kids posted this on facebook not to long ago
    "those who say labor is the worst pain anyone can go through, have obviously never stepped on leggo in the dark"
    I had a good laugh when I read that
    Sometimes Late at night I hear Dh cursing and getting angry on his way to the toilet from stepping on some leggo DD has left around.

Once again Good luck!
    Everything will go great for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Labour is easy (sorry to those I may offend but you want positive stories 😊). I had a 6 hour drug free posterior labour with DD with only mild tearing, I thought I was constipated so sat on the toilet most of it trying to push out a poo (highly recommend this method as it worked).

We got to the hospital as she was crowning and half an hour later I had a gorgeous bubba in my arms.

Best of luck and listen to no one! Every labour is different!