+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it sounds like HE is a bit of an issue... not so much the kids, though obviously having so many and them being so young makes things very hard.

I see he's only quite young... I'd say immaturity probably doesn't help... and hopefully, with time, he'll accept that he has to pull his weight too.

Perhaps relationship counselling may help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

I see he's only quite young... I'd say immaturity probably doesn't help... and hopefully, with time, he'll accept that he has to pull his weight too. .
    Yes he's 2 years younger than me!! I has to give up my young life too it just annoys me that he doesn't think he has too!!!
    Hopefully your right!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ask him to mind the kids next weekend, spend saturday night in the city. Don't let him have any help, and maybe when you get back he will be more understanding.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    Yes he's 2 years younger than me!! I has to give up my young life too it just annoys me that he doesn't think he has too!!!
    Hopefully your right!!
    Mine's only 2 years older than yours (and he's 2 years younger than me as well). Though, in our case, he's not my daughter's father, he's been in her life longer than her own father was, and I know there's a lot of immaturity he shows sometimes... and there's only ONE kid we have to deal with in this household...

He's been in my daughter's life since he was 20 (now 24), and he has improved with age... so I do think it might just be a maturity thing... but that doesn't mean you should settle for his behaviour just because he's young. It's just perhaps a REASON why he's maybe so selfish... but you need to push for him to improve and DEMAND he step up to the plate. You didn't make these kids on your own so you shouldn't be raising them on your own either.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012),MissMuppet  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not trying to sound bishy but wth are you doing making sure he has dinner?!?!

I'd suggest doing nothing for him for a week so he realises how much you do. when the kids go to sleep don't clean. It will be there in the morning keep your sanity
    Re. Nappy rash try some calamine lotion it helped ds when he had dihorrea
    Big big hugs hope tomorrow is better.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012),VicPark  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are a superwoman! I think I reached this point and i only have 2!! It's the hardest job in the world and especially when they are so close together! Well done! ( sorry I don't have any advice- I just wanted to point out how amazing u r with all those kids!!)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummyez For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummyez View Post
    You are a superwoman! I think I reached this point and i only have 2!! It's the hardest job in the world and especially when they are so close together! Well done! ( sorry I don't have any advice- I just wanted to point out how amazing u r with all those kids!!)
    Thanks that means a lot to me!! I guess I second guess myself because I never hear words like this from him - like he doesn't acknowledge what I do and how much I do usually cope with!! I have learnt to be a strong women and take each day as it comes!!! I love my children more than anything and I honestly couldn't imagine my life without the chaos now!! Lol

As for going out on Saturday night , we are moving so won't be an option I will be wayyyy to pooped to even want to move lol!! But will keep that in mind for another weekend!!!

I have thought about not doing a complete thing for him dinner, clean clothes etc etc too show him just how much I really do!! But have never stuck to it! I guess I'm too use to doing everything that I just go about my day without thinking!!!

From the stuff I have read today on the forum, I'm glad I have gotten some support from you girls!!
    Kind words are exactly what I needed I think!!
    Also last night when the kids were finally asleep I stayed up and watched tv all by myself it was nice and de stresse me abit!! He came and asked why I wasn't in bed and watching tv instead of being still up and cleaning like I normally do when I'm still up , I told him I was enjoying time to myself!! And I would go to bed when I was ready too.
    I find it hard to sleep when I'm as stressed as what I was last night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What a hard job you have!

The priority should be your kids being cared for and you being healthy and happy. Wiping your partners butt for him should be last on the list. If you've had a busy day, forget cooking and laundering for your partner.

You need to put your foot down ASAP otherwise you will end up like my parents: 65 years old and mum
    Still complaining that dad is lazy and she has to do everything for him (I have no sympathy for her btw, it's her fault she didn't put her foot down earlier).

From the moment your partner gets home the free time should be split 50-50. Make sure you get your share. If it means not tidying up, not ironing his clothes, or walking out and saying "im going out I'll be back in 2 hours, you need to look after the kids."

Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya, big hugs to u but most of all you need to make time for yourself to relax and come up for air coz u sound overwhelmed and overloaded with responsibility ... Takes two to make babies so he needs to maybe put in an hour each night so u can shower, watch telly with a cuppa for 30 mins or whatever u need to do to whind down and feel normal.

Chat with him calmly and ask him where u need help.

Good luck, you'll be ok ! Hope u have a better day tomorrow !

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyLove79 For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (11-06-2012)