+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should I be concerned...

Well it has been just over 5 weeks since my D&C and no sign of my first normal cycle. Considering I had no monthly for 3 months and then found out i was pregnant I am now a bit worried.

Seeing the ob/gyno this Thursday for a follow up to the operation, hoping she can shed some light on the situation.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cycle increased from 24 days to 30 after my d & c. I think they just throw your body out of whack for a while I still conceived three months after the operation

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took almost 7 weeks for my period to come after my D&C.

I've heard it can take up to 12 weeks.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine came back exactly 5 weeks later, but as Mallie said it can take up to 12 weeks. Hopefully it comes back soon for you. I'm sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My cycles were alllll over the place for months after February M/C. Doc said it takes a while to get hormones back on track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash this thread but I have a couple extra questions. It's been 6 weeks since D&C for me with no bleeding. I've had typical AF cramps, nausea, back aches, bloating, sore boobs, general crankiness etc. but I did a HPT after 5 weeks and it was a BFN. I've had these symptoms for a couple weeks now. For those who didn't get AF for 6 weeks plus did you have all the AF symptoms? For how long?

Also I saw my OB 24 days post D&C and he did an internal scan- nothing left over, no sign of ovulation (just yet anyway), lining was only 7mm and hormone levels where within a good range. I'm a bit confused. Do I just need to wait it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNinOZ View Post
    For those who didn't get AF for 6 weeks plus did you have all the AF symptoms? For how long?
    I had symptoms for about 2 weeks before AF on and off. Especially cramping and back aches.

Hope this helps x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mallie For This Useful Post:

CDNinOZ  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone....knowing that it can take that long certainly makes me feel better! Hopefully things are back to normal soon.
    CDNinOZ - I have most certainly been cranky and that is about it no other symptoms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was 6wks after my d&c and once my period came back, I returned to my regular 31 day cycle. I had no af symptoms though the only way I ever knew af was due was by the calendar.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took over 6 weeks for mine to come back... I just finished, it was heavier than normal and was longer than normal... We planned to go away for the long weekend, and my period should have been finished well before the long weekend. But no! It ruined our plans to relax and reconnect, even though we didnt DTD it was still good to get away!