+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaCat View Post
    Hi ladies,
    congrats to all of those with BFP and hugs to those who are onto another month. Well I am still waiting for something....anything, not sure really.This cycle has now been about 54 days. This may be a silly question but does anyone know if you can still ovulate but miss a period. I do not know that exact time that I ovulated but I am reasonably sure I did. I had O pains, increased libido and increased EWC mucous.

I don't have any history of PCOS ( had a laproscopy and US done last year for other reasons) and I am pretty sure I am not pregnant as the HPT are all negative. The only 'possible' symptoms of pregnancy could be increased CM, cramping as well as fuller ( but not painful) breasts. All of these could also be signs that AF is on her way.

anyway thanks for ready. Baby dust to all
    From what my FS said, once you ovulate you will get AF not long after. It's a must that it will happen. The only way not to get AF is if you didn't ovulate. that's from my understanding ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I'm about 8dpo...very sore boobs, nausea last 3 mornings, lower back ache, emotional. Did test this morning bfn.
    Surely too early for symptoms...??

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had similar symptoms at 10dpo and turned out to be AF, hopefully its more positive for u! Fx! stay positive and hang in there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissFaery For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my Fx. Don't normally get AF symptoms like this but I wouldn't put it past my body ! Haha
    AF due Monday so will wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    So I'm about 8dpo...very sore boobs, nausea last 3 mornings, lower back ache, emotional. Did test this morning bfn.

AF is a real witch, she sends us early PG symptoms when its just her gearing up to show her ugly face. Those are certainly PG symptoms but also AF... try to not read into them too much as implantation would only be around now (normally 10DPO)... but FX these are pg symptoms for you and that you get a wonderful BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2 months in a row I've had lots of pregnancy symptoms, and AF has arrived right on time. Fx I have no symptoms this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post

Implantation occurs at 6-8DPO in most women, and then bhCG (hormone of pregnancy) starts to be produced after that. It is the bhCG which is thought to be responsible for morning sickness, but in most women, the level of bhCG is not high enough until about 6 weeks to cause nausea. Therefore, nausea in the 2WW period is an unreliable sign. Most other early pregnancy symptoms are due to the rising levels of progesterone (tender breasts, etc) which is in response to the production of bhCG (bhCG stimulates the corpus luteum to secrete progesterone); again, the blood levels of progesterone generally are not high enough until 6 weeks to cause these symptoms. Obviously there is some variation amongst women, but that's just the boring science behind it.
    So, what I am trying to say is that symptoms are not a reliable sign of early pregnancy. Some are coincidental, others over-interpreted (and we are all guilty of that!!). In actual fact, the best indicator you might be pregnant in the 2WW is no symptoms at all! By that I mean the absence of PMS-type symptoms.
    Is any of this helpful? Sorry for the long reply; it's the doctor in me...I need to beat it out of myself!
    Best wishes sweetie. J37.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

button2012  (18-07-2012),mumofprincess  (18-07-2012),shelby27  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. You probably know this, but the corpus luteum is the "shell" from which the egg (ovum) is released. Hence the name "luteal phase", meaning after ovulation, when the corpus luteum is still present to assist maintenance of pregnancy if fertilisation occurs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaCat View Post
    Hi ladies,
    congrats to all of those with BFP and hugs to those who are onto another month. Well I am still waiting for something....anything, not sure really.This cycle has now been about 54 days. This may be a silly question but does anyone know if you can still ovulate but miss a period. I do not know that exact time that I ovulated but I am reasonably sure I did. I had O pains, increased libido and increased EWC mucous.

I don't have any history of PCOS ( had a laproscopy and US done last year for other reasons) and I am pretty sure I am not pregnant as the HPT are all negative. The only 'possible' symptoms of pregnancy could be increased CM, cramping as well as fuller ( but not painful) breasts. All of these could also be signs that AF is on her way.

anyway thanks for ready. Baby dust to all
    If you have ovulated, you should get your period almost exactly 14 days later. It is the most
    constant and predictable part of the cycle. Women have different cycle lengths because we differ in the timing of ovulation (the initial phase of your cycle). So, yes, if you have ovulated you will get a period (unless other medical issues to be factored in).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the help ladies. Possibly more likely that I ovulated a lot later than I thought or not at all. I'm thinking that it's just a lot later as we were traveling and on some different medications. Perhaps there is still a chance then. Funny that the one month I actually think about all of this stuff my body decides to make it different for me. My cycles are usually 33-40 days in length so 54 is a big difference for me.