+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Urgently seeking breast milk for our multiples- Can you help??

Hi fellow Mums,
    We are urgently seeking breast milk for our multiples, one whom cannot tolerate formula and needs surgery in 6 weeks.
    We only have an 8 day supply left so things are critical.
    If you are healthy and not on any medications and have any spare milk in your freezer, or are able to express once per day and donate, we would be most grateful
    Alternatively, if you know of any other breastfeeding Mums who may want to help please give them our email address.
    Please contact me at weelittleones3@gmail.com and I can answer any questions
    We can collect milk from you this week anywhere in Brisbane or South East QLD
    Thanks for considering our request

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Hi, there is a group that takes care of requests like this for Sydney on Facebook. There might be one for Brisbane too if you look. Sorry I can't help any further than that.
    Good luck to you.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there mama777, I am very sorry to hear that your children need an operation and cannot tolerate formula. I thought I would bump your post up to get more responses.

I do not know whether the need for breast milk is larger than the donations in your area, but I assume that you have already checked out whether there is a "milk-bank" in the area you live in? The reason why I am asking, is because the milk-donors that go through a milk-bank have been screened.

I do understand that desperate situations causes desperate measures though, and wish you all the best in getting breast milk for your little babies. And best of luck for their operation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have forwarded your request onto a BFing mummy friend in the northern GC area.

This is really just another bump for you though- good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pooks For This Useful Post:

themissingpiece  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you find someone in your area who can help you out. Unfortunately WA is the only state that still runs milk banks. My little bub arrived 8 weeks early and is in NICU in Adelaide. He is only having 250mls every 24 hours through a feeding tube and I am pumping over a litre in that time period. I inquired about donating milk but due to the large costs of screening it isn't done any more, so sad.

I truly hope someone can help you out privately. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try human milk 4 human babies. It has a facebook page for each state and you will find like minded mummies there

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (11-06-2012),crystal185  (10-06-2012),MuminMind  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Sorry I can't offer any at the moment, my supply is really only to match his demand now, but this might help?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Human-...87732937932439

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have emailed you... And bump for any others who may be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a freezer draw full however it was expressed end of Feb/early March. Not sure If that is too long frozen to be of any use. I work in the Inner City and am happy to bring it to work with me if you'd like to collect it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    If it's a deep freeze/ freezer drawer not opened it's fine. They say 6 months in deep freeze