+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks everyone!!! I hate the idea of lying on an application... its just not who I am... and I know people do get accepted for rentals when they do have pets... and tbh… the extra stress about trying to hide the fact that we have a cat,... just seems like more of an effort then continueing to apply for houses... if that makes sense? we submitted our next application this afternoon... and included all of the extra stuff like the pet resume, the certifcates and a bit of info about the cat aswell as stating that we would clean the carpets etc every 6 months... so im hoping this will help our cause!!! will keep you posted!!!! we are bound to find somewhere soon!!! and who knows... maybe application number 6 (this one) will be our lucky one!!!!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I attached a 'pet resume'. Photos, names, ages. Also attached testimonials from all three of our current neighbours, their temperament clear certificates from the breeders, their Canine Good Citizen Awards, training history and photos of our portable run setup.

We got the house, and the application form said 'no pets will be considered'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could offer to pay an increased bond, or pet bond, and reiterate that you would have the property sprayed for fleas and carpets professionally cleaned regularly.

We allow pets in all of our properties, and we always put our pet down when applying for properties, no problems in any instances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pet resume what a great idea!
    We put on the forms that our pets were house trained well behaved and desexed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a property manager and I always stress..be honest in your application. I have had many a property with a no pet policy and because we have been able to check references etc, the tenants have been able to bring their pets and all has been well.

I think it is rude and disrespectful to lie on an application because my job is made so much harder..and if it was your property, you would like all the facts given......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always tell them about our cat. She's an adult, short haired, indoor only type of cat, and every landlord we've ever had has been happy for her to be on the lease.

Whenever we leave a property we have the carpets steam cleaned and fumigated.

I just write it on the form and chat with the RE agent about it. We've never been turned down for a property. I suspect sometimes that the applicant the RE agent can remember is the applicant who gets the property ... So always try to build a rapport with them if you can!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all!!! so we got offered a place today... not the one we like the best but a nice place none the less... now im not sure what to do... do we accept and bite the bullet and take the second best one or do we decline and risk not getting anything??? what would you do? we submitted the application to the one we were accecpted for on Saturday arvo... and only submitted the one we like the most last night... what should we do? what would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you hold off your acceptance of property 2 for a day or 2 to see if you get approved for property 1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our dog when we were living in our other rental. We asked for permission before we got him though. We had to flea bomb and get the carpets cleaned when we moved out. (Carpets are something we always get done anyway when we vacate a rental).
    We put him down on this rental and the property manager came back and said the landlord was happy for us to have him here providing we flea bomb and clean the carpet when we vacate.
    Ive since moved into my own place and I'm on a property so need permission from my landlords before I can get/or bring our dog out as its a working property and there working dogs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done both.

I once left off the lease that I had a cat. It was a pain because every time we had an inspection I had to hide all her stuff.

In the last place I rented, I asked the agent if I could have a cat and they agreed. So not all agents will refuse.

I agree with PP who have said to give as much info as possible to provide a strong case.

We have an investment property which is only two years old and in immaculate condition. We decided to allow the last tenant to have their dog (who was more like a small horse) with them, as they were great tenants overall.