+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so glad I read this thread. I have a nearly 3week old and this sounds exactly like us. My let down is painful feels like burning/prickly sensation. DS's poo's are green and he feeds constantly! Every 1-2hrs. I am definitely going to try block feeding to see if that helps. He also spews alot and has had a couple of power chucks. He's gained lots of weight though so the spew is not a problem. Im gonna read up some more on it!
    Last edited by louhopeful; 11-06-2012 at 15:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to butt in but I have some oversupply issues too. I was just wondering what block feeding is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing. DD was having green frothy looking poo's. Even the Child Youth Health Nurses kept telling me feed both sides but my Mum used to be a lactation consultant and said it was fine and to try feeding from just one side at a time and it helped heaps. Her poo's became the normal colour, she seemed more settled and to go longer between feeds and was putting on huge amounts of weight so I'd try that. I'd still have a break half way and change her nappy but then I'd put her back on the same side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    Sorry to butt in but I have some oversupply issues too. I was just wondering what block feeding is?
    Hi Minnie. Block feeding is simply feeding from one breast per feeding session. Some women do it for two feeding sessions or some choose to do it in hourly blocks (eg feed from the left breast for all feeds within a 4 hour time block, then switch to the right breast for all feeds during the following 4 hours). It just helps bub drain the breast better, hopefully getting more of that fattier hind milk too.

Thanks for the advice Pinky, I must admit I am slightly worried about weight gain when block feeding cause the health nurse and middies did tell me to do both sides per feed but she is feeding for longer now that she's having the one side (35-45 mins all up on one side, used to be 12-15 mins all up on both sides). Also, now the majority of the time she comes off all 'milky drunk' and seems more satisfied this way.

I'm noticing I'm having more than one let down on the one side too now. She was never on long enough before for that to happen so I'm sure she's getting enough

It's reassuring to know I'm not dealing with this on my own, thanks for the advice everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louhopeful View Post
    I am so glad I read this thread. I have a nearly 3week old and this sounds exactly like us. My let down is painful feels like burning/prickly sensation. DS's poo's are green and he feeds constantly! Every 1-2hrs. I am definitely going to try block feeding to see if that helps. He also spews alot and has had a couple of power chucks. He's gained lots of weight though so the spew is not a problem. Im gonna read up some more on it!
    A high weight gain is typical for oversupply as well. Ds gained 500g every week, and never did any midwife or nurse connect all his symptoms and mine and figured that it is oversupply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He hasn't been weighed recently, but he had gained 500g a week after leaving hospital!