+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default waters broken but no contractions yet

hey all

just a question - My waters broke this morning at 6am with some cramps. So I rang up the hospy at 8am to let them know that I would be in sometime today. My OB is away this weekend and her sub should know about it. Its hospy policy that you come in for a check up post waters breaking and then you can go home if all is well.

I really want to come home after the check up as I rather labour at home than at the hospy as I dont want to be pressured into doing anything I dont want to do by the sub in OB.

so what should I expect next?

its been 6hrs since my waters broke and i've had cramps on/off and but nothing else.

this is my second bub - the first was an induced posterior labour with a 4kg vacuum delivery after 25hrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My waters started breaking at 8:30pm on a Wednesday night & I didnt go into Hostpital till 5:30am
    Thursday morning, I didnt get any contractions in that time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first my waters broke at 4.20am, went into the hospital about 5.30am for a check up but all was good. They booked me in I think 3 days later to be induced in case labour didnt start naturally. I rested as much as possible during the day and went for a walk just before dinner that night and I started getting contractions at 8pm that night.

Really they should let you home to labour if the bubs is still happy in there and you don't look like having the baby on the way home lol

Best of luck and I hope you get to labour at home (make sure you stand your ground if you feel that they are asking you to do something unreasonable).

Thanks
    Reviews
    woah! i thought u should be admitted if ur waters break! There is now risk of infection? Id be going in regardless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    woah! i thought u should be admitted if ur waters break! There is now risk of infection? Id be going in regardless.
    Yea I was asked so I came in. All well and they are sending me home soon ish. I have 24hrs to commence labour myself before they will do anything else. Currently having painless contractions every 10-15min.

Not worried about infection as I'm gbs neg and I'm feeling pretty good. Heading home to do some batch cooking soon I hope.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just don't stick anything up there. I would probably try nipple stimulation it releases oxytocin which can help bring on contractions swap back and forth between each breast 15 blocks. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My waters broke 1 night at 8pm, no contractions or pain. Rang hospital and had to go in to get checked out. They said I was fine told me to go home and come back next morning to get checked again. My contractions started the next morning before I got checked out but they were very inconsistent so hospital sent me home again and said if contractions hadn't ramped up I had to come back the next morning and they would induce. Luckily they picked up heaps that day and I went back to the hospital at 5am the next day and was 6cm dilated. I know they didn't want me having waters broken for 48 hours without bub coming but other then that they were happy for me to labour at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Just don't stick anything up there. I would probably try nipple stimulation it releases oxytocin which can help bring on contractions swap back and forth between each breast 15 blocks. Good luck!
    How do you do nipple stimulation? 14hrs since waters have broken and my contractions have eased to one in 30min or so

been active and after i put DD to bed will go for a walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    How do you do nipple stimulation? 14hrs since waters have broken and my contractions have eased to one in 30min or so

been active and after i put DD to bed will go for a walk
    I got told to do this after my waters broke, and it seemed to work, contractions started within a couple of hours.

I got told to roll them between my fingers 5 minutes out of every 20. Using Vaseline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't leave it to long to get the ball Moving though.
    My waters broke 1:30 Friday morning and I had no contractions or anything. I was induced Sunday morning.. I suffered a 3rd degree tear from my dry birth.. Don't mean to scare you but don't want anyone else experiencing what I did!!