+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 month old waking for night feed

my baby was sleeping thru having a bottle at 10pm then waking around 530/6am.
    now all of a sudden she is waking for a feed at 3am!! I have tried giving her more formula at 10pm but she refuses to have more than her usual 150mls. I have tried re settling in the night as I didn't want to start feeding her again thru the night but after an hour of screaming the past 3 nights I have given in and given her a bottle at 4am!!
    any suggestions????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe growing ?

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    she could be having a growth spurt and need the extra milk through the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby girl is now 5 mths she was sleeping thur from 6wks with a dream feed at 10:30pm.
    Now she is waking at 3:30ish for a feed then around 5 I give her the dummy then.. My mum said put some farex in her bottle and a bigger hole in the teat... Works a treat!!!
    she sleeps from 6pm till 6am I give her the dummy and sometimes keeps going till 8am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh and I still do the dream feed at 10:30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    She is most likely hungry. I would give it to her if she wants it. Babies change their sleeping patterns all the time. I know i wake up through the night thirsty as does my 5yr old.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (10-06-2012),Made in England  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why wouldn't you give her a bottle at 3am? Even bottle fed babies wake at night quite a lot for feeds and once a night is pretty good!

My dd is breastfed and slept through from 2 weeks til she was 3.5 months old (most nights anyway) and then she started waking for feeds 1 - 3 times a night and she still does. She's very active and she is just hungry. Sure, sometimes she wants her dummy, a cuddle or a nappy change, but 90% of the time if she wakes up it's a feed that she wants and basically if I think she wants her dummy, or a cuddle and she's still upset 5 minutes later then she gets a feed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Made in England  (10-06-2012)