+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Petty DH vent

I am 30 weeks pregnant. I spent the whole day yesterday scrubbing the house. All I asked DH to do was mow the yard, which he said he will do for the last month. Our bAck yard is that over grown in some parts it's up to my waist (weeds). He sat on his a$$ all day playing games on his phone. Oh and went into work when he didn't need to- he could have done it from home. I told him yesterday I felt sick, and last night mentioned I felt even worse. This morning he woke me up so he could go fishing. I said I didn't mind if he went but I wanted the yard done first and that I was feeling crook still. He said he would only be an hour and would do the yard when he got home. He has been gone for almost 2.5 hours now.

It's not the fact he went- he deserves some Down time. It's the fact I hate being told one thing and him do another- he does it everytime he goes out. He says he will be home by a certain time and then doesn't come home for hours afterwards. It really annoys me. Especially at times like today where there is stuff to do, I'm sick and the kids are playing up.

If you say you will be home at a certain time then BE HOME AT THAT TIME!!!!!! If you don't plan on being home at the time you said, either don't says time to start with or call me and let me know!!!!! He knows it drives me nuts. Yet he still does it. And he wonders why I don't like him goin out. Amount other reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That would p!ss me off too.

Men are useless sometimes, I've been waiting 6months for DP to fix the back flyscreen and it's still broken, but he has all the time in the world to tinker and play around with his car

DP gets asked to do nothing, I do all the home duties, all I expect him to do it the yard work and odd jobs like the flyscreen etc. and it takes him months to get around to it that I usually end up doing it myself anyway.

The other day I told him i'm hiring a cleaner for about 6months, while i'm heavily pregnant and dealing with a newborn and the 3 other kids and he told me not to worry about it and that he would do all the cleaning I'll believe that when i see it! lol

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - are you married to my XH???

So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. I feel your pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I should say its very rare that he does go out. So I do feel bad that I get so cranky. But it's just common curtesy to let me know if he plans on staying longer isn't it?

I am glad it doesn't happen often.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I should say its very rare that he does go out. So I do feel bad that I get so cranky. But it's just common curtesy to let me know if he plans on staying longer isn't it?

I am glad it doesn't happen often.
    Yes it is common courtesy and to not show it to you is incredibly disrespectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    That would p!ss me off too.

Men are useless sometimes, I've been waiting 6months for DP to fix the back flyscreen and it's still broken, but he has all the time in the world to tinker and play around with his car

DP gets asked to do nothing, I do all the home duties, all I expect him to do it the yard work and odd jobs like the flyscreen etc. and it takes him months to get around to it that I usually end up doing it myself anyway.

The other day I told him i'm hiring a cleaner for about 6months, while i'm heavily pregnant and dealing with a newborn and the 3 other kids and he told me not to worry about it and that he would do all the cleaning I'll believe that when i see it! lol
    So glad I'm not the only one.

He has been home almost an hour, and the yard it still not even close to being done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It must be the weekend for l lazy *** partners. I am in a foul mood because dp has spent all day yesterday and today just sleeping and then on the iPad fluffing around, he's done nothing while I run around like a headless chook. Making me really resentful! He has so many things he needs to do too. I detest laziness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Must def be the weekend for it!

My DH has been downstairs all morning playing a game, meanwhile me at 30wks pg has dragged the 2yr old grocery shopping and been trying to attempt to clean out the spare room with the 2yr old getting into everything.

OP hope your yard is done soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and i've made a list of things for my partner to do before the baby comes (finish painting inside of house, clean out garage, rip up carpets etc).

If I left him to his own devices, he would just conveniently forget, so I've told him that every weekend, he needs to spend one whole weekend day doing these jobs until they are done. Once he starts he's okay, but needs a bit of prompting. I reckon take the standover approach, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well the back yard is done. It's s start and it's what really needed the attention so I am happy for him to leave the front yard until tomorrow.

I hate being seen as the bad guy. I hate nagging. But seriously, what else am I meant to do?! Especially when he proves time and time again that he isn't reliable like that. Hell, i asked him to take the rubbish out and it took him 2 days and even then it was only because the rubbish was literally overflowing (yes its gross and yes I hate it). Drives me freaking mental!! I get that he works 5 days a week, which is why I ask him to do minimal things around the house. The only thing I really expect of him is to mow the yard regularly and take the rubbish out if I ask. That's it. He helps a lot with the kids which is great, but there is more to helping around the house then just that.

His sister who lives with us is just as bad. She is 15 and a great kid, no trouble at all (in fact I have more trouble with our 5 year old). But when it comes to her chore- and yes, she only has ONE- it's like I am asking her to scrub the whole house. All she has to do is wash the dishes every night, and wipe down the kitchen bench and make sure it's tidy. That's it. And she can't/won't even do that properly! I have explained numerous times how I expect it to be done (as in the level of cleanliness I expect- rubbish and food scraps in the bin, spills and splatters wiped etc) and a few times now I have even done the kitchen top to bottom in order to 1) show her what I expect in case the explaining it wasn't sinking in and 2) give her a good starting platform (figured it would be easier for her to keep clean if it started off clean). But no. Half the dishes are still dirty, benches aren't wiped down, foods scraps get "wiped" onto the floor etc etc.... Gee, wonder where she learns it from?! I have taken her laptop off her and her phone, next step is she will be grounded and not able to go to Navy Cadets (which would be like denying anyone else oxygen), and I have written a "job list" and stuck it on the fridge which explains everything I expect (which she already knows anyway) and the consequences if she fails to do this (which she knows anyway).

Anywho. Back to hubby. I just hate that I feel like I make such an effort to keep the house clean and tidy (as much as possible with 2 young kids, a teen, hubby and being 30 weeks UTD), and they just don't care/appreciate it.

I have gone on strike, and it achieves nothing other the. Me having to clean even more mess at the end. I've explained to them that I need them to help out more and why. I have explained I hate nagging, and that i shouldn't even have to when they are 27 and 15. I only have to tell our 2 year old to pick something up and she does it straight away!!

What makes it even worse today is they know I am crook. And I was in hospital most of last weekend with contractions and was told Monday it was preterm labour and to take it easy.... Again they know this. And yet still watch me running around like a headless Chook cleaning.