+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Complications and curious

Hi,
    i am now 28 weeks prg. I have been diagnosed with an irretable uterus, and my cervix started shortening at 24 wks. This is not the first time this happens, i had an irretable uterus with all my prg's and my 2 nd was a preemie due to infections. Now i am on meds for the contractions and infections.

I was just wondering if anyone else had an irretable uterus, ho it was handled and if you get very painfull heavy periods. I was told child bearing would be a breeze because of he painful periods...what a load of $@#%!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    Hi,
    i am now 28 weeks prg. I have been diagnosed with an irretable uterus, and my cervix started shortening at 24 wks. This is not the first time this happens, i had an irretable uterus with all my prg's and my 2 nd was a preemie due to infections. Now i am on meds for the contractions and infections.

I was just wondering if anyone else had an irretable uterus, ho it was handled and if you get very painfull heavy periods. I was told child bearing would be a breeze because of he painful periods...what a load of $@#%!
    I am 30 weeks with number 3 and have had an irritable uterus with this pregnancy and my last pregnancy. Both resulted in me starting to have contractions at around 28 weeks but thankfully they stopped. Last pregnancy I had constant urinary tract infections as well. Last time I was given medication to stop the contractions but it wasn't on going (was given 2 doses in hospital and that was it). This time all that's been done is they are keeping an eye on me. They said its quite common and nothing to worry about.

As for periods, I am usually on the depo shot or implanon so don't get them but when I do get them, no they are not painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to crash your thread, but may I ask what is irritable uteurs & what are the sypmtoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummytopeanut View Post
    Sorry to crash your thread, but may I ask what is irritable uteurs & what are the sypmtoms?
    For me it means my uterus starts contracting without me dilating. The OB said they are real contractions (as oppose to braxton hicks), as they can progress and I can go into full blown labour. For me it can be caused by a number of things, from an infection like thrush or a UTI (which are common causes for a lot of women), to baby moving around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    For me it means my uterus starts contracting without me dilating. The OB said they are real contractions (as oppose to braxton hicks), as they can progress and I can go into full blown labour. For me it can be caused by a number of things, from an infection like thrush or a UTI (which are common causes for a lot of women), to baby moving around.
    Might bring it up with my OB because I have had a UTI recently & I have been having what feels like constant period pain some days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Might bring it up with my OB because I have had a UTI recently & I have been having what feels like constant period pain some days.
    UTIs can definitely cause this. If left untreated they can bring on preterm labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, an irretable uterus is one that starts contracting early in pregnancy and is normally triggerd by something, in my case not much is needed. I started earlier and earlier, my first i think was from 20 weeks, 2 nd from 14 weeks and this time from 10 weeks. If you have irretable uterus it isvery difficult to know when you are actualy in labour because it is a full contraction pulling from the back and bladder over you whole uterus and it knocks my wind out. It can be regular or irregular but painfull. The contractions get stronger and more painful the bigger you get. I go to the hospital when they are regular or when i just have a gut feel. With my first 2 pregnancies i had constant bladder infections this time i am on ab's for it and have had no bladder infection to trigger it but they are worse than my previous. Doc says the only way i will know i am in labour is if i come in and she checks me out. My first was full term, my second a 35 weeker but i was in labour at 26 weeks which they were able to stop. This time at my 24 week visit, i already started with cervix shortening and doc said i will most probably have another 35 weeker aprox. I think an irretable uterus is different for every one who has them and it does not necesarily mean you will have a preemie, it means you need to be carefull and rest when they get regular because they may trigger full blown labour. I had anything from 10 to 40 contractions in a day depending on the day, hence the meds to try and reduce them. They are less but not completely gone. I am also in constant pain arounf my uterus as it is most days in a constant semi contracted state...that is much better now on themeds.

sorry about all the info, i am just not sure how else to explain it, i think it is different for everyone.

My question about the periods was because i get extremely painfull periods and they are heavy, i normaly dont leave the house other than take kids to school for 2 days at least. As a teen it was so bad i passed out a couple of times. I was just wondering if there was a correlation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this with DS starting at 18 weeks, nothing came of it, just heaps of tightenings and pain, no infections and my cervix was staying tightly closed!
    It sucked :-( I hope that things change for you in a good and speedy way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    I had this with DS starting at 18 weeks, nothing came of it, just heaps of tightenings and pain, no infections and my cervix was staying tightly closed!
    It sucked :-( I hope that things change for you in a good and speedy way!
    Yes, it sucks and it hurts. I am on meds and it seems to help a little, it is way worse though when it is almost time for my next pill and while I am waiting for it to start working...I am sitting here watching the clock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm sorry to here you have IU and its giving you grief but you sound like you have a good Ob who is on top of it. I have an incompetent cervix and IU Im just curious which meds you take for the contractions?

You were curious where IU has a correlation with heavy periods, well im sorry but mine are light as normally.