+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Unhappy i have never been so scared in my life!!!!

my dd (12 weeks old) had an allergic reaction to 'infants friend'. i gave her the recomended dose for her age she was fine while i gave it to her but started to cry soon after being given it, i went to pick her up because of her crying but noticed a rash all around her mouth and down her neck and she was a bit swollen where the rash was. it happened not even 5 mins after it being injested so we rushed her to the hospital. on the was the rash disappeared amd she was fine when we got there (as it happens lol) but my gosh, i have never been so scared in my life. i am just soooo thankfull that it was not any worse.

not really sure why i am posting this buti guess its a bit of a realese. if you have any never been so scaredd moments you can share them too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow I'm glad everything was ok by the time you got to hospital. Allergies are really nasty things not to be messed with.

I have an allergic reaction to those premade coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad that you buy in the deli section at Woolworths and Coles. My whole body gets a rash, hands and feet swell up, gets really hard to swallow and talk and my temperature sky rockets. Scares me so much. I'm just glad I figured out what sets it off so I can avoid it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the same thing happened to my daughter and a few women from my mothers groups bubbas as well. One of us looked on their website and it says it common that if some of the mixture gets on the skin that it can cause a mild reaction and to wipe their face if they spit it out or dribble a lot. I know its scary i freaked out the first time it happened as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same thing happened to my DS! I wonder what causes this?