+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Safe treatment to rid house of SPIDERS!!?

We live in a rural area, in the bush, and I have never had the house treated for spiders. I was always worried about pesticides being dangerous for the babies, so as a result I have had a hard time keeping up with the little buggers accumulating - I do vacuum but it's hard to keep them under control especially in the high ceilings.

So, has anyone had one of those companies who promote their treatments as being safe and natural, treat their houses for bugs and spiders? It's not a huge issue for me, and I'm much happier to have a few spiders than be worried about dangerous poisons, but I am sick of looking up and seeing the little patches everywhere.

Any advice? Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lemon essence. Put some on a rag spiders hate it. It lasts a little while. I wipe it on all the corners and vents on the top of the fridge! Everywhere spiders love.

I put some on a rag and use elastic bands to put it over my broom to do the corners on the ceiling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    maybe try one of those plug in deterrants? i've seen them on tv. if you can rid the place of bugs there will be nothing for the spiders to eat.
    are they daddy long legs? we live rurally and have heaps of those, as well as the house spiders. i find if i leave the daddy's the others don't breed out of control.
    i don't spray or use pesticide either, i use flypaper to catch flies inside and have chooks and ducks to keep mossie levels down.
    apart from that, i just accept it is part of bush living!