+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    No cough meds in this house (the only time I personally have used it was when I was working in retail and needed to 'supress' a cough to get through teh day - used to swig senega and ammonia out of the bottle - not recommending that by the way!)
    senega and ammonia - that stuff is nasty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    http://products.mercola.com/food-matters-dvd/

Suspected reactions, there is actually no scientific proof that they can cause harm. I know a few people that have been cured under Dr Sauls methods. I'm a product of medication 'gone wrong' my hubby was cured without 'crucial' medication the drs wanted him on for the rest of his life. I'm skeptical when it comes to drugs in general, before medication there was nature, it worked, we're still around aren't we.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    Prior to medication, people relied on nature and folk remedies often with no basis, and they died usually before 40 years old. People died of the flu and simple infections. I'm not saying medication is the only way to go, but personally, I wouldn't want to go back to the days before we had medicine. Yes, we're still around, but I don't think that is a testament to primitive medical care, rather we evolved in spite of it!
    While there is not yet firm evidence for adverse effects, there is also no firm evidence to the contrary and medical science indicates some pretty scary suspicions, which is why I'd personally be cautious. I'm also a bit skeptical of Dr Andrew Saul personally, there's so little info about him online except self-promoting stuff, and by his own resume, he doesn't have a medical qualification- he's a Dr of Philosophy to start with, not a medical doctor. Must do some further reading anyway- curiosity is piqued!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Yuck, I remember that from when I was a kid- I'd hold my breath trying not to cough to avoid it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    That stuff is INCREDIBLY nasty - I don't recommend it at all.

re the vitamin C ...I have always been told that the body simply flushes what it doesn't need, and that you can't OD on vit c.
    (if taken orally ofcourse)
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 10-06-2012 at 11:15.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Definitely second the mega doses of vitamin c. Helped when our kids had whooping cough amazingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    That stuff is INCREDIBLY nasty - I don't recommend it at all.

re the vitamin C ...I have always been told that the body simply flushes what it doesn't need, and that you can't OD on vit c.
    (if taken orally ofcourse)
    It's hard to OD on yes, and the body does flush it, usually with diarhhea. There are potential negative impacts on the body though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Definitely second the mega doses of vitamin c. Helped when our kids had whooping cough amazingly.
    I had a friend who used vitamin c,.zinc and something else when her son had it and he recovered really well. That said I guess I have no proof it was that which helped but it seemed to.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    I had a friend who used vitamin c,.zinc and something else when her son had it and he recovered really well. That said I guess I have no proof it was that which helped but it seemed to.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    For mine I have no doubt it worked. 5 kids with whooping cough, including a newborn ALL improved out of sight with massive doses of vitamin c. Amazing, there isn't really anything else to help the symptoms of pertussis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    For mine I have no doubt it worked. 5 kids with whooping cough, including a newborn ALL improved out of sight with massive doses of vitamin c. Amazing, there isn't really anything else to help the symptoms of pertussis.
    That's so awesome to hear!!!!

I think with EVERYTHING we need to question things time and time again! Not just natural therapies, the pharmcuticals as well! We're not robots were not a one size fits all either!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so I ended up taking him to our gp. His cough is being caused by a sinus infection and the (Ewww) mucus is tickling his throat causing the persistent cough. Gp prescribed antibiotics and recommended chemist own kiddicol mix which has a decongestant and a suppressant in it but at lower doses for ages 2-10. It has worked brilliantly, we got through the night mostly unscathed and doubled with a little honey here and there and he's looking pretty healthy
    Thanks all for your replies. Oh and re: vitamin c, my kids take daily vitamin c and Echinacea tablets and gp confirmed that excess vitamin c is passed out of the body through urine

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (10-06-2012)