+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any Maxi Cosi Air Protect Hera users??

I'm looking to buy this but can't seem to find a single review online!
    Is anyone using this? Would u recommend it and what do you love/hate about it?
    Thanks!

I'll be choosing between this, the Safety 1st Sentinel Convertible and the Safe n Sound platinum with air cushions! I know they are all different in prices and therefore would differ quite a lot but anyone with an opinion on any of these will be great too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a very new carseat. You may be able to find reviews of it from the US but bear in mind it would be slightly different as the US doesn't have a top tether and there may be other changes for the Australian market.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Luey! I didn't realize it's new! The lady at the shop told me that it just arrived last week.

I went to have a look at the Hera today at baby bunting. Only saw it online. I think I will get it. It is quite similar to the Safe n sound meridian but cheaper! Will post some reviews on it once the bub is out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just bought this car seat for my 5 month old. I was tossing up between Hera and SNS Meridian. I made a few comparisons. Hera has Air protect technology (the same thing they line racing helmets with) which is patented for Maxi Cosi who are a leading brand in Europe. The safe and sound has side impact protection but to me personally it did not feel any better then Hera (in fact is felt worse). Meridian head support tilts forward too much and pushers the chides head forward and in forward mode if your baby falls asleep they can’t lean their head not even slightly to the side and it just flops forward (My friend is having trouble with this now) Meridian also had bits of fabric held together with elastics and exposed pieces are hard plastic on the inside which I did not like.
    So this is why the Hera won for me I love everything about it but I got to say I do think the Meridian is a more attractive looking seat.

The SNS is rearward facing tested to 15kg and I dont know if thats the same for Maxi Coasi.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybloom For This Useful Post:

whitedot  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    Hi I just bought this car seat for my 5 month old. I was tossing up between Hera and SNS Meridian. I made a few comparisons. Hera has Air protect technology (the same thing they line racing helmets with) which is patented for Maxi Cosi who are a leading brand in Europe. The safe and sound has side impact protection but to me personally it did not feel any better then Hera (in fact is felt worse). Meridian head support tilts forward too much and pushers the chides head forward and in forward mode if your baby falls asleep they can’t lean their head not even slightly to the side and it just flops forward (My friend is having trouble with this now) Meridian also had bits of fabric held together with elastics and exposed pieces are hard plastic on the inside which I did not like.
    So this is why the Hera won for me I love everything about it but I got to say I do think the Meridian is a more attractive looking seat.

The SNS is rearward facing tested to 15kg and I dont know if thats the same for Maxi Coasi.
    Oh wow, thanks SO much for this!!!
    I ended up purchasing the Maxi Cosi Hera as I felt that it looked just as great as the SNS Platinum but at a more reasonable price!!
    I'm glad to know that I seem to have made the right choice!!
    Just a few more weeks and the bub is out so I'll be able to tell for sure! Haha!
    THANK YOU!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Maxi Cosi Hera purchasers (whitedot & babybloom), I'm very interested to hear your reviews of this seat since purchasing in Aug. I'm tossing up between buying this or the SNS Meridian for my first baby due in March, but think the head support is much softer and better protected in the HERA.
    I cannot find any reviews in Australia online, nor any CREP tests for this car seat as yet to go by.
    Grateful of your comments/feedback.
    Last edited by MMnewmum; 14-01-2013 at 11:35.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maxii Cosi Hera

Hi...I am also very interested in reviews on the Maxi Cosi Hera. There's still not much on the net about it. Any help please??

Thanks!!