+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That is exactly what she's talking about, they're the worst because a lot of them are misleading, they have a high sugar content because of the fruit which is one labelled as vegetables is actually a higher percentage then the vegetables.

Honestly I've travelled with two kids often at night and often long distances and always found a better alternative then prepackaged baby food. Even when my son first started solids. We drove a 40 hour round trip with a 1 year old and a 2 year old and never fed them jarred food. I just don't think they are a good option nutritionally.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Honestly I've travelled with two kids often at night and often long distances and always found a better alternative then prepackaged baby food. Even when my son first started solids. We drove a 40 hour round trip with a 1 year old and a 2 year old and never fed them jarred food. I just don't think they are a good option nutritionally.
    Fresh is always best, no one would deny that. But when you are not near anywhere that sells fruit, or going through airports that don't even allow fruit, what other options do you reccomend? My DS is allergic to dairy and soy which makes it even harder.

Not that this is an issue for us, he eats homemade 90% of the time anyway so I'm ok with the odd packaged pouch (that is not full of sugar or salt). But I'm curious to know ideas, as I often struggle to think of snacks/meals on the go. Bubs gets sick of eating race cakes and can't eat that as a proper dinner anyway!
    Last edited by Pesca77; 10-06-2012 at 18:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Fresh is always best, no one would deny that. But when you are not near anywhere that sells fruit, or going through airports that don't even allow fruit, what other options do you reccomend? My DS is allergic to dairy and soy which makes it even harder.

Not that this is an issue for us, he eats homemade 90% of the time anyway so I'm ok with the odd packaged pouch (that is not full of sugar or salt). But I'm curious to know ideas, as I often struggle to think of snacks/meals on the go. Bubs gets sick of eating race cakes and can't eat that as a proper dinner anyway!
    What do you eat when you're out? Why not just give him some of that? When we fly I take dried fruit (we have a dehydrator), sandwiches, some sort of homemade muesli bar or muffin, water and a treat like some biscuits just in case we get delayed. But I've never fed my kids purée so I just take what we eat normally for lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank-you
    DS is only 9mths and not quite eating the types of foods you have reccomended yet. We have started BLW, but it's a very slow process! Add to that his allergies and it makes giving him 'our food' very difficult, soy is in everything. It's one of the reasons I do actually make the majority of his food.

Anyway, sorry OP for digressing your thread backing out now to start another thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Pesca77;662100
    Anyway, sorry OP for digressing your thread backing out now to start another thread![/QUOTE]
    DS is nearly 7 months and we're moving from puree to blw so i have some similar concerns . No need sorry :-)

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Thank-you
    DS is only 9mths and not quite eating the types of foods you have reccomended yet. We have started BLW, but it's a very slow process! Add to that his allergies and it makes giving him 'our food' very difficult, soy is in everything. It's one of the reasons I do actually make the majority of his food.

Anyway, sorry OP for digressing your thread backing out now to start another thread!
    We are dairy, gluten, sugar and soy free so I feel your pain. A lot of stuff we make ourselves. I feel your pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At Cherub Baby (google)
    or Pouched on Facebook

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (11-06-2012),Pesca77  (11-06-2012)