+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2nd Pregnancy- few questions about Pregnancy induced hypertension

Hi All,

I'm new to this so not sure whether I'm in the right section.

So I'm 15weeks pregnant with 2nd baby. I had a few issues with my first pregnancy- diagnosed with PIH at 33weeks was put on highest does of medication allowed for pregnant women. I had DS at 38weeks by c-section, was induced but DS went into fetal distress due to true knot in cord. He was very small (2.6kgs) but fed really well and is now 14months old and a very healthy 12kgs.

I had my first appointment at the hospital this week and have been told I'm eligible for VBAC but just wanted to know if any other ladies out there have experienced anything similar and what there outcomes were?

Also has anyone else had PIH with first pregnancy but not with second?

Thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am also interested to hear from others as well, I had a simular situation with my ds and am now 13 weeks into my second pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm now 27 weeks and blood pressure has been good so far (averaging 130/70). I'm having appointments every 2 weeks just to monitor it. Will keep you posted as to how I'm going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2nd Pregnancy- few questions about Pregnancy induced hypertension

I had PIH with first pregnancy, not with second, no idea why, sorry no help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi happymum2 just wondering how you got on? I had pih with my first and trying to get my head around what it will mean for subsequent pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pre-e with my first, diagnosed at 34 weeks and delivered 6 days later BP was 158/110. Urine contained 6+

My second daughter I had all the fear that it would happen again and I went all the way to 40+4 and went into labour by myself!!

My 3rd (a son) I was diagnosed at 30 weeks and made it to 34+4 BP 180/120 and 4+ in urine.

I am now pregnant with my 4th and am starting to show signs.. I am determined to make it to atleast 35 weeks!!

My dr laughs at me but I'm sure that there is some kind of connection to blood type. My first and 3rd are o+ the same as me but my second is A+ I had no problems with her.. If this baby comes out with the same blood type as me my theory will be confirmed haha!!