+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2nd pregnancy- have a few questions?

Hi All,

I'm new to this so not sure whether I'm in the right section.

So I'm 15weeks pregnant with 2nd baby. I had a few issues with my first pregnancy- diagnosed with PIH at 33weeks was put on highest does of medication allowed for pregnant women. I had DS at 38weeks by c-section, was induced but DS went into fetal distress due to true knot in cord. He was very small (2.6kgs) but fed really well and is now 14months old and a very healthy 12kgs.

I had my first appointment at the hospital this week and have been told I'm eligible for VBAC but just wanted to know if any other ladies out there have experienced anything similar and what there outcomes were?

Would love to go naturally this time but have been told my chances are slim.

Also has anyone else had PIH with first pregnancy but not with second?

Thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had pre eclampsia with my first and was in and out of hospital from 28 weeks. Thankfully with bedrest in hospital it would drop so was able to avoid being induced although came close to having to have an emergency c-sec when I went into labour as my BP went through the roof.

When I fell pregnant with my second daughter my gp warned me that there was a very high chance of it returning and more then likely more severe then the first time. He was shocked when my BP remained perfect the entire pregnancy!

I am now 30 weeks pregnant with number 3 and again have had no issues (so far).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you, good to know about your other pregnancies. Helps put my mind at ease.