+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really a good show! That is real life!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hmm sounds like the type of show that would make me throw my shoe at the TV.

Breast is best...sometimes.
    For me, formula is best. Always will be.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Hmm sounds like the type of show that would make me throw my shoe at the TV.

Breast is best...sometimes.
    For me, formula is best. Always will be.
    Wasn't like that LH - was quite balanced and host who had formula feed was very honest and real. It was interesting, she does great docos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just watched it on ABC iplayer. It did make me want to throw a shoe, but only at the silly teenage girl who knew breast feeding was good for her baby but didn't want to do it because "celebrities didn't" and "breasts are for sex". The rest of the program I though was very good.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're interested in checking it out, here's the link

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/843481

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hubby and I loved the show!! We could both understand those cringey-filled moments, the giving up BF to FF, then the hurt and hardship of a new BF relationship with a 2nd bub isn't easy and enduring can pay off. It was so well balanced!! I felt Cherry's pain, it took me well after my dd1s 1st birthday to feel like I wasn't a failure for giving her formula, unfortunatly formula is nothing like breastmilk, it's apples and oranges. Giving your child a meal up-teen times a day to see them nourish and grow isn't straight forward where it be forumla OR breastmilk! In every aspect of that show I saw me, I felt all of their stories, I've been there too!!! I'm blessed to be able to feed my second 2, if I went through what I did with my first they would be bottle fed, they ALL THREE are healthy, my first is probably the one I have to watch with her diet now but I watch their diets and I'm a health freak so... Anyway rambling!! Just wanted to say E.V.E.R.Y situation is DIFFERENT no one has the right to judge and this show didn't!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehats View Post
    I just watched it on ABC iplayer. It did make me want to throw a shoe, but only at the silly teenage girl who knew breast feeding was good for her baby but didn't want to do it because "celebrities didn't" and "breasts are for sex". The rest of the program I though was very good.

I don't care what celebrities do but one reason I didn't do it was because yes, I also feel that breasts are a sexual thing for me. I know its good too, but I don't want to do it I like my boobs just how they are.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

Trusty Chords  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Breast is always best for a healthy baby!

I watched it, I thought the woman bf until over 5 years of age is still bf for the wrong reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm curious, what reasons do you think she's breastfeeding for and why are they wrong?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

lulululu  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    She said she still bf because it's the only thing she's good at. I don't think that is the right reason, jmo, though.