View Poll Results: have u ever had your drink spiked?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 47.37%
  • no

10 52.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never had my drink spiked or been in a situation where a friend has, but if i was out with someone who had their drink spiked I'd get them to the hospital - not take them home.

Yet most people seem to have had people just take them home. Is the hospital an overreaction??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, and it was the most horrible experience imaginable!

I had just turned 18. Since I was 16 I had been speaking to a guy online that lived in NSW(I live in QLD) nothing intimate, just mates. One night we were having an IM conversation, he said he had a few friends over and they were going to have a some drinks. He had my mobile number too as we had phone/text conversations sometimes.. Anyway, he ended up drunk calling me later that night, I had a friend over and she ended up on the phone to one of his friends and they ended up speaking for hours and then for months and eventually they decided to meet. She asked me to go to NSW with her, and I thought why not! road trip! So this guy drove up from Newcastle to Brisbane to get us, he was a pretty decent guy and we had ball on the way down to Newy.

Anyway the first night we were there we ended up going to a party, I can't say i'm overly proud of my teenage years, I was pretty out of control and did some crazy stuff. Last thing I remember was the party ending up out on the street and sitting on the curb with some guys I had met, we drinking sambucca and some guy asked if I had ever done any drugs, which I had, so told him I had, I just thought it was him making conversation, so everyone continued drinking, partying etc. Then the dares started, I was dared to drink the last of the sambucca, there was still heaps left (enough to fill a pint) but i drank it anyway. That was the last thing I remember.

The next morning I woke up in some person's house I didn't know, my friend and the guy we were staying with wasn't with me, I had no idea where I was, I wasn't even in my own state and had absouletly no idea where I was. There was a guy and a girl who were partners, they were older then me, I'd guess early 30's and completely off their heads, they doing drugs and then the girl went to work and I was left with the guy who a complete freak. I had called my friend but they didn't have a car to come pick me up and she said the guy we were staying with knows the guy whose house I am at and that they will pick me up in a couple of hours and to just go back to sleep, i was so ****ed off at my friend for leaving me somewhere I didn't even know where I was or who I was with. Anyway back to the complete freak, I tried to pretend I wasn't awake but he must of heard me and asked if I wante to come out for a coffee, I said yes because I didn't want to come across as rude or anything. Anyway I was sitting in the lounge room and he comes back out and grabs a crossbow from under the lounge I was sitting on... ummmm what the **** I was seriously so scared I just went really quite and still, I text my friend telling her what was happening and that I was getting really scared and feel like something bad was going to happen.. anway she didn't answer amy text msg and this guy starts playing around with the crossbow infront of me, making jokes about it and then started apologizing to me and that he didn't mean to scare me..so he went to his room and came back out empty handed. Then he started coming onto me, at this stage I was really scared, I pretended I fell back asleep but I could feel his hands going up my legs and made an enxcuse that I had to use the toilet. I called my friend, told her what was going on and she basically told me she couldn't help me because they had no way to get to me and that the guy is harmless.. the guy we are staying with knows him blah blah. I hung up on her and ended up sneaking out the back door of his house and left. I had no idea where I was but anywhere was better then his house. I ended up seeing some of the guys from the night before working on their car out the front of someones house and they asked what I was doing, anyway I didn't tell them I just asked what their taxi service number were, but they ended up giving me a lift back to were I was meant to be staying as the could obviously see I was upset. I ended up packing my stuff and catching the next plane back to brisbane. I couldn't eat for almost 2 weeks after because I had grinded my teeth so bad that they had cut massive holes into my gums, I had loosened 2 of my teeth and they ended up having to be pulled out. I'm not 100% sure what my drink was laced with but either very pure speed or ice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I've never had my drink spiked or been in a situation where a friend has, but if i was out with someone who had their drink spiked I'd get them to the hospital - not take them home.

Yet most people seem to have had people just take them home. Is the hospital an overreaction??
    I've thought that too. I've never been in that situation, but I think I'd freak out and take them to hospital, convinced they were dying! But I don't know much about how dangerous the drugs used to spike drinks are though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep when I was 18. Luckily I was with my brother at the time. I ended up in a bad way.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, I was with distant friends in London and someone spiked my white wine. It was my first glass, so I know I didn't just drink too much.

I passed out about 10 minutes later in a gutter in Soho and my poor friend, who was from Durham (other side of the country to London) took me to hospital as I couldn't stay awake long enough to stand up. I vomited a LOT - all stomach acid, none of the food I'd eaten - and no taxi would take me so he called the ambulance. He was a darling.

It was so scary, I don't remember a thing about the night or the day and a bit following it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I've thought that too. I've never been in that situation, but I think I'd freak out and take them to hospital, convinced they were dying! But I don't know much about how dangerous the drugs used to spike drinks are though
    Same. I would be straight to hospital especially because I have no idea about drink spiking drugs.

Ana Gram - that's why I would be so worried. I'd have no idea what was used and what the consequences could be. There's passing out and then there's passing out almost dead. I don't know the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in wagga visiting a girlfriend who lived there with another girlfriend we decided to go out for the night and I got talking to a guy who bought me a drink, it was beer which I don't drink so I gave it to my friend that lived there. Anyway a tiny bit later my friend started going crazy, violent an emotional the police ended up taking her to hospital and it was found that she was drugged with GHB in a large amount, the only thing that had saved her was the fact she was a larger girl, the hospital said that if I had of had it it probably would have killed me - blessing in disguise really! She was so sick had to stay in hospital until the next day on fluids and heart monitor until she was allowed home on bed rest!! Such a bad night!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, but I've never been just handed a drink by a stranger. I either get a drink from someone I know, or I go up the bar with them and take it as soon as the bar tender serves it up.

I also used to be far too heavy to drag out of a bar if I was half passed-out. Even if someone had a fat fetish, they probably realised they had no chance of actually moving me to somewhere semi-private where they could take advantage of me.

ETA - DP thinks his was spiked, but not by a girl... by workmates. They thought he was amusing... so he feels (and so do his family who saw him afterwards) that they put something in his drink to drug him up and make him funnier. He ended up sprinting away down a highway (out of a pub) and passed out on the side of Gympie Road (for all those on Bris Northside)... and was REALLY lucky that nothing happened other than sleeping on a random spot on the ground.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 08-06-2012 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope never luckily and must say there's probably been a lot of chances they could have been but luckily no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, but thankfully nothing happened to me.