+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you are being ridiculous ... Are these your first babies???

I've never had cs but have had two vb ... Labour and a vaginal birth is not like having surgery (unlike cs) ... I actually saw very little blood and your recovery afterwards will be quicker.

Have you talked to your ob about this? Or even like some friends, your mum etc to find out about their experience ...

Good luck

Just read your comment about a low pain threshold ... I thought I was the same until I had kids ... You will be amazed at what your body can cope with!

Ultimately you need to make the decision that is best for you
    Last edited by Smartiecat; 08-06-2012 at 15:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they are my first babies. Hence the freak out dance! I have spoken to a few friends. Some her swore by their c-sec. Others said to do labour. But they know how freaked out I am with the thought of labour (hence why my silly question about mag's/headphones) hehe. But I will talk more about it and try to make the best decision with the info available. I'm soooo glad I posted this, just gives me more feedback and support about how I'm feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fudge81 View Post
    Yeah they are my first babies. Hence the freak out dance! I have spoken to a few friends. Some her swore by their c-sec. Others said to do labour. But they know how freaked out I am with the thought of labour (hence why my silly question about mag's/headphones) hehe. But I will talk more about it and try to make the best decision with the info available. I'm soooo glad I posted this, just gives me more feedback and support about how I'm feeling.
    So just to be clear I'm not anti cs ... I personally have only exp vb and never two at the same time ... I'm very pro on what is best for mum

Here is my exp After my first bub was born .. I had such an empowered "I am woman" feeling ... Wow did I really just do that??!! Labour is hard and it does hurt (it's not called labour for nothing!!!) but there is sort of a positive end to the pain iykwim.

My sil was so terrified of giving birth an wanted a cs under ga ... We talked and talked and talked about it ; she ended up doing vb with some drugs and at the end of it she said it wasn't that bad with this bewildered look in her face it was just a magic moment ... She did have a couple of
    Complications after (she had lots of blood loss and ended up needing a transfusion) but it didn't change her experience at all. She is already talking about her next labour.

I think the scariest thing first time is just the unknown of what it will feel like and how you will cope but you really won't know till you are there.

Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You should read my birth story hun... I actually used to have panic attacks thinking about a vaginal birth....!!!

I had a cs and it was an amazing experience for me. If you're looking for a positive story about cs then def find my birth story in the cs section! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an elective c-section 3 weeks ago and it was a very positive experience for me. For the procedure itself the most painful part was inserting the canula into my hand. The tugging sensations were more like being jostled when driving on a bumpy road, and the worst part was the itchiness and the nausea from the morphine afterwards. The whole procedure lasted about 30 minutes and I was off pain meds on day 3. One word of advice I have is don't look into the big light in the operating theatre, you can see your reflection in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Until I had my first I had never spent a day in hospital so was pretty scared when the time came to give birth. I'm terribly scared of any medical procedure however the birth of my boys was the best experience of my life. I was induced for both and had epidurals with both and vowed beforehand never to have a needle in my spine haha. Whatever way you birth your twins, you will always look back with the fondest memories, you'll be absolutely fine