+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried going for a massage every 2 weeks and getting her to really work on the area plus the heat pack was my best friend. If you sit down at work like I was your best to move the microwave to your desk you'll be heating it uo that often. But it works!! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou89 View Post
    I tried going for a massage every 2 weeks and getting her to really work on the area plus the heat pack was my best friend. If you sit down at work like I was your best to move the microwave to your desk you'll be heating it uo that often. But it works!! Good luck.
    Thank you. I have an office job so I think I'll take your advice and get the heat bag for work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had sciatica pain pretty badly. I couldn't even drive my car as lifting my ankle to brake sent pain shooting down my leg!

I recently started seeing an acupunturist and after 2 sessions the pain is completely gone! No lie. I could not believe it. Highly recommend that if you can get in to see one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh! I feel your pain too. I have only one month to go, and I can't wait to get bubs off my tailbone and sciatic nerve. I've been seeing a massage therapist who also does acupuncture and have found that to be the most useful for pain management. Between sessions I use heat packs, and I also sit on a large fit ball as I can't best sitting on a chair of any kind. The only other way for me t sit is backwards on a chair leaning forward. This keeps all pressure off my tailbone and encourages bub to get off my nerve!! Good luck with your pregnancy! I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you both for your advice! I'm kinda glad I am not alone in this.

I've read acupuncture can help. I think I'd be leaning towards that more than physio as I haven't heard good results from physio. I'm a bit scared of acupuncture... But I'm not scared of needles, go figure!!

Thank you again, I really appreciate all your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had sciatic pain with my first dd when I was 4 months pregnant. I had it on both sides and couldnt walk without being in agony. Im only 8 weeks pregnant now and Ive got it already, not as bad but its still there. I went and saw a myotherapist who helped amazingly take away that horrible pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I had sciatica, but after a bit of Googling I think what I actually have is pelvic girdle pain. The treatment is similar from what I can find which is physio/chiro, acupuncture or massage.

The below links have an explanation and some self-help methods to try.

http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...vicgirdlepain/

http://pelvicgirdlepain.com/pelvic-girdle-pain.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cheekychook,
    There's a few things this could be, you may have pubic symphysis dysfunction which would explain the pain at the front,the leg pain could be a number of things, the sciatic nerve runs down your whole leg but also has many branches, it could be the piriformis muscle, sacroiliac jt dysfunction or something in your lumbar spine. The only way to really know (and to get relief) is to get a professional to assess it. Getting it sorted now will save you a lot of discomfort for the whole pregnancy and can also help make the labour easier. If you're in pain and tight through the pelvis, it's not going to be relaxed and working well to make the birth as good as it could be. I'm not trying to be a know it all, I'm a chiropractor myself and know that it can help, also in saying that, physio may help too it just depends on what's causing the problem and what works for you Sorry for the long post, just hate it when people tell pregnant women that they just have to 'put up' with the pain!!
    Hope it all works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much for your reply! I really can't believe how much it hurts. I'm leaving towards seeing a chiropractor or osteopath, I've heard they've been more helpful than physio. I didn't realise that this could affect my labour as well, I'll definitely be getting it looked into! I just wish I knew exactly what it was that was causing the pain!! You've give me some more to look into, thank you!!