Closed Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'd message back and say

"sorry hun, I bought those off you and am going to hang on to them. Congratulations on your little girl."

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (09-06-2012),babybumblebee  (08-06-2012),Deserama  (08-06-2012),Eko  (08-06-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012),Jenga  (08-06-2012),lilypily  (08-06-2012),missjess86  (08-06-2012),SassyMummy  (08-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-06-2012),~ElectricPink~  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How weird!!!

I would be asking for your money back and tell her you don't want the items after she has finished with them.
    Send a reply along the lines of:
    No problems you can have them back for $x, I won't be in need of the clothes in the future as I have decide I only want new things for our baby. You can pick them up on Monday but please ensure you have the $$ with you.

Some people amaze me lol, I know someone who asks for good hand me downs from her sister and once she's finished with them she pops them on eBay, so she gets the clothes for free then sells them :0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg how rude! I would say ok for (whatever amount) they are yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know the outcome. What a weirdo. My opinion is the same as everyone else. You pay, they are yours. But in my world I give everything away to family and friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what a weird situation to be in!

I don't think the replies above take into consideration that she might not have everything together. She might be really struggling financially, she might have misunderstood your arrangement. Or she might just be a weirdo.

Perhaps just ignore the messages for now and see what happens. if she persists say something like, "I thought we agreed that I could buy the clothes off you. If you want them back I'll just get back what I paid for them."

Asking for more than what you paid for them is just greedy. Yes, you laundered and stored them, but just let it go. It's probably not worth the headache on your part.

Keep us in the loop as to what happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly, how rude!

I would say- sorry, I bought them off you second hand for $220. I washed and ironed and stored them all. Now you basically want to "borrow" them back to use on another child, and then return them to me, third hand. You can't possibly guarantee they will be in the same condition and I already paid you for second hand clothes, not third hand. I understand you paid full retail but I still paid a lot for second hand. If you want them back that's fine, but I would like $250- $220 refunded plus $30 for my time washing, ironing and then storing them. If you're happy with that then let me know how you'd like to pay and we can organise for you to collect. If not, I'm happy to keep them, thanks.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (09-06-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's seriously tripping if she thinks that's ok to do/say to you. If she wanted them back, she should have kept them or lent them, not sold them!!

They belong to you to do with what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagari View Post
    what a weird situation to be in!

I don't think the replies above take into consideration that she might not have everything together. She might be really struggling financially, she might have misunderstood your arrangement. Or she might just be a weirdo.

Perhaps just ignore the messages for now and see what happens. if she persists say something like, "I thought we agreed that I could buy the clothes off you. If you want them back I'll just get back what I paid for them."

Asking for more than what you paid for them is just greedy. Yes, you laundered and stored them, but just let it go. It's probably not worth the headache on your part.

Keep us in the loop as to what happens!
    I disagree that it's greedy- she washed and ironed and packed the clothes away. Would you wash 200 items for someone, dry, iron and fold and store them, for nothing? I wouldn't. I think the cousin is the one being greedy, demanding use of them after she sold them. Asking for a token bit more might be just enough to put her off and make her leave the op alone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be asking for the money back too!!!! That's just plain rude!!! Ad after all the trouble you went to have them washed etc and stored!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    you could say something like no worries but I'd need the money back for the clothes coz i'll have go and buy my own, let me know when you can afford it?

Its weird, then again she may have forgotten you actually paid for them? baby brain after all?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to noskie For This Useful Post:

Squishy115  (08-06-2012)