+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousins just announced she's due a couple of days before me! So there's two babies in our family coming at Christmas this year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our first is due in mid-December which in the beginning I was not keen on, but having got used to it I don't think it's a problem at all. When you think about it, people are generally more festive that time of year so that could be a positive! Also, my SIL and brother are due on exactly the same day as us so birthdays in our family should be pretty special now

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I think you're child will grow up happy that everytime it's his/her birthday people will be in celebration mode. It's up to you how you frame it for her as he/she grows up. I would focus on saying, "You're such a lucky girl...you get more presents than most people because everyone is in present buying mode around this time of year...and you get to see the family more often than others will"

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I understand completely

I am due on 20th December with my 2nd baby. My first was a bit of a long wait and hard road but he surprised us when we gave up trying.

This second one has surprised us yet again. Our two little ones will be almost exactly 2 years apart with my first angel born on the 5th Jan.

But I am getting the same annoying remarks as you about Christmas and the whole present thing, holiday thing etc.. Very annoying. I seriously don't care. If anything I think it is awesome.

I have a massive extended family that exhausted us with visits in hospital with the first. I am very glass half full, so am thinking that if everyone is travelling or celebrating at that time elsewhere it could be the silver lining!!!

Congrats and good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am due 22nd and people are saying things like "well, you didn't think that one through" and I think to myself thank god I am not one of those couples going through ivf hoping for a birth after all their trying.

I am grateful to be pregnant again after 3 miscarriages and Couldn't care less when I give birth as long as baby is healthy,

Reading what that other lady said about the restiveness of Xmas made me feel even more excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds 1 turns four this year on the 28th and to be honest it does suck however we make it all about him he has like a week straight of presents. It wAs a wonderful present to the yr he was born. We have a party for friends around half way through the yr as so many of his friends r away at this time of yr. I do find that wish some f my family then tend to buy him really cheap gifts as he needs two at this time of yr and everyone else gets splurged on however I just shrug this of its the thought that counts. Enjoy your baby enjoy this time it will always be a beautiful time of yr for you it doesn't matter about anyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Dad's partner is on the 23rd. And he is not much to celebrate. But when we do. He always plans it the week end before Christmas. And throws a huge party with family and friends. You will find that people will be happy to celebrate no matter when you do it.
    This year he turns 60.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would only say that to a lady because I think being pregnant in middle of summer would be hell!!! I hate the heat lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by over excited View Post
    My birthday is the 27th of December strangely enough the same birthday as my mum I have to admit I did get joint pressies from some family which sucked as a kid but now I'm older I hit up the boxing day sales to buy stuff! I also hated that everything was in one hit as my brother was born in June which I was green about lol

Sent from my iPhone too lazy to walk to the computer!
    this is what I'm worried about! My baby is due Christmas week and I have two older children with mid-year birthdays!

I can understand why you're upset, OP, but as someone due with a December baby I do think it sucks! Granted it's not the most important thing, but it's not ideal either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post

I'd think a child would be more miffed at being born new years day lol. When they turn 18 thy have to wait a whole nother year to be able to go out on new years eve lol.
    df's best mate was like that! (born at like 1am New Years day!).
    It's just a birthday it doesn't matter much. If your child ever gets grumpy about it then it's kind of like 'Jeez sorry for giving you life' :/
    Almost everyone I know is November/December (my siblings included) and they have never had a problem with it. My Brother loves being December because he got cheaper Christmas Sale birthday presents and thus more than his friends haha

Never ever second guess things just because of a silly date!