+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My first (now 3) is Dec 24. We have her party the first weekend in Dec - this way when she's older she can still have all her school friends there. It also keeps the birthday presents separate to her Christmas presents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your bubba

My first niece was born Xmas eve she's now 6yo. We all said from the beginning that we would celebrate separately and we have and it works fine. In our family there are other December birthdays so she has a party in December when there is a free sat or sun. She has lots of friends so gets lots of presents on party day. I save mine for her actual birthday and my DD goes and has a play etc.

The upside for me is I put a lot of thought into presents and can scour the Xmas catalogues to get more bang for my buck.

Rejoice and celebrate you bubba will give your family a whole new sense of the holiday season too!!!

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my kids were born in December and I planned it that way with both of them! I love December babies!!!!!

Having december babies are great cause you spend the cold winter months being pregnant and you have the baby and then you can enjoy the whole of summer without being pregnant. I would hate to be pregnant in summer.

We don't put a huge emphasis on xmas in our house (being a pagan nature based family) so the kids birthdays are not drowned out by that.

Forget about what other people say OP and enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one who's has a few comments thrown their way. My baby is due on boxing day... I'm going to have the best christmas ever this year regardless because I'll either be cradling my newborn or just about to meet it. :-) we'll make it special for the baby. Christmas has always been a big deal for my family, so I think my baby will have an amazing day in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My birthday is boxing day. It does suck, and then in some ways it's better.
    As a kid lots of people couldnt come to my partied because they were on holidays. I never got to have a birthday at school. I got heaps of combined presents.
    BUT - because we saw distant family at Xmas I'd usually get $5 or $10 extra as birthday money, and my cousins never got that.
    Bonus, I always had a parent home for my birthday as it is a public holiday. (mum was a nurse so often worked).
    As an adult DP goes over the top with presents and makes sure they are seperate gifts. My pet peeve is birthday presents in Xmas wrapping lol.

I dont hate my mum, resent her or feel anything towards her about my birthday.

It does such sometimes, but it's really not THAT big of a deal.

And I love that my mum went into labour while eating Xmas dinner, but refused to leave the table until she had finished her meal

6. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend who stopped trying to concieve coz she didn't want a Dec baby..due to extra cost etc..to me that is stupid..

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a lovely Christmas Pressent, Congrats!!

I don't have a december baby, but I was due on Christmas, but was 5 days late. It never really bothered me as a kid, mum always made sure the 2 days were seperate and most of the family did the same. I remember as a kid trying to not open my pressents on Christmas day and save them for my birthday (never happened though).

One of the things that I did find hard as a little kid was that It was really hard to have a bday party on or around my bday as friends would always be away etc but once I hit teenage years it wasn't such an issue.

Maybe also try to get toys etc for christmas/bday that they might not quite be ready for but will grow into throughout the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I have a friend who stopped trying to concieve coz she didn't want a Dec baby..due to extra cost etc..to me that is stupid..
    I agree. After having several miscarriages I don't care what month, and whether it's a boy or a girl. Just a baby, would be nice! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people are very quick to see the negatives in any situation, I know a few people like this and it drives me batty.

Ignore them.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I haven't read all the responses yet but just wanted to say I am born on Christmas day and love it. My family always spend Christmas day together. We do the main meal then presents then my cake and I get my birthday presents and my cake becomes part of dessert. I get that all the time oh that must suck, my response is no because who else gets to see all of their family on their birthday

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub