+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remember, while you get the 'that must suck to have a kid near Christmas' for the entire pregnancy....your child will forever get 'ooh a Xmas eve baby. Do u only get one present?' EVERY time they have to say their birthday. So you get off relatively easy!!!

My advice is to make sure you celebrate both events. We rarely did anything xmasy on Xmas eve because it was my bday. I always got separate presents. And birthday presents were not allowed to be wrapped in Xmas paper and I hated getting cards that had bday and Xmas wishes in there. Two separate days people! Apart from that it doesn't bother me. I loved that I never had to go to school (always had to go to church tho) and my parents were never at work in bday so that was awesome. And we always left out some of my bday cake for Santa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok. I guess what I saw as being reassuring and a "don't worry about what other people say, let is be water off a duck's back" has been interpreted differently here. I'm sorry that my well intentioned comments have come across poorly & caused such offence. It wasn't what I meant at all.

I guess I'll stay away from this board now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two children with Christmas birthdays, one of them ON Christmas. I am due with another baby at Christmas too.
    i
    When i tell people my daughters birthday, most people just say how special etc. I just announced on fb that I was having a baby for Christmas and nobody made any negative comments either.

Truthfully I was not thrilled when it actually happened (born on Christmas) but I'm well over it now and prefer to take my cue for others that it's just something special

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son is an xmas day baby, when I was in being taken a woman was screaming. She lost her baby at 25 weeks on xmas day. So I am forever grateful for leaving the hospital with my healthy boy.

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Ok. I guess what I saw as being reassuring and a "don't worry about what other people say, let is be water off a duck's back" has been interpreted differently here. I'm sorry that my well intentioned comments have come across poorly & caused such offence. It wasn't what I meant at all.
    I'm sorry if I misunderstood you .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shame man, you cant control when you get prg or when baby is born. My mom is dec 27 and she turnd out just fine, yeah she is a little nuts but arent all mums. My DD was supposed to be feb 23 but she was a preemie born dec 19, and she loves her birthday, she gets 2 cakes and 2 celebrations. One before school closes with her school friends and one on her birthday with family and family friends, and then Christmas around the corner..it is like a cake and present feast for her. Just make her day special and all will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter was originally due Xmas day (born in jan) and I got this aswell but I say exactly what you believe, a baby is a blessing no matter when they are born!!
    I say it's a great excuse to have a huge double party!
    Their are plenty of events throughout the year that your child can enjoy parties and gifts.
    It might take a bit of compromise for their Bday party making it a week or so before Xmas or after .
    Think the important ppl in your babies life will endeavor to be at you babies birth and future birthdays

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am born dec 31st, NYE and LOVE it.

I think that the year you HAVE the baby will be tough because you will be trying to adjust with having a new baby, while celebrating which can be hectic and emotionally draining, but after that I can't see it an issue. If people can't turn up to bday parties, then tough titties for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was born 14/12
    I love it!! Lol I can get all her toys at the toy sales and she thinks it great that she gets presents really close together.
    Every baby is a blessing, how can your baby hate you for what was not your choice? Lol the baby decides when it's born not you....
    Tell them to go screw it! At least it will be the very most joyous time for you.
    Good luck happy birthday baby!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 3 children...my first was born on dec 23 and my second two years later on dec 27! I love having Xmas babies..this week is so so special..I love leading up to it with Xmas and their birthdays...its a magical amazing time!!!!