+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I just think "fuming" seems like an over reaction. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks or says about your baby's birthday? The fact that you're having a baby at all should make you so happy that you don't even notice such stuff. There are so many worse comments made every day.

I was genuinely asking why someone would be so upset by the comments made. A little bit miffed, yes of course. But fuming - well, I don't get it so I asked a genuine question as to why. Politely. I wasn't rude in any way, so why the attitude in response?
    I don't think there's a need to ask why she's fuming.. That's just the way and feels. If she wants to use the word fuming then so be it..
    Having a baby doesn't make you oblivious to people's comments.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    People are ar$eholes once you fall pregnant or have a baby.. There will be many more comments to come.
    THIS! It's like they can't stand your happiness. I'm over people telling me how much pain I will be in during childbirth, how torn up my vag is likely to be, a few days before I am going to be induced! The fact that childbirth is painful is not exactly new information and rubbing it in gleefully to a first time mum doesn't help!

OP I know someone with 2 December babies (waters broke for one during Xmas lunch!), she doesn't have a prob with it, nor do her kids. I'd LOVE to have my b'day on a public holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by plou43 View Post
    My fiance was born on christmas day and he doesn't mind one bit we celebrated christmas in the morning then the rest of the day is all about him in fact I think he loves it! He wont call it Christmas tho he calls it's Marcsmas ( his name is Marc)

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub
    I too am a Christmas day baby - we've taught our son that morning is for Christmas and afternoon/night is for mummy's day - I shall now be renaming "kimsmas" I shall thank your husband for that one! Gold!!!

I still to this day (I'm 25) get ALL the time "oh that must suck having your birthday on Christmas day" or "do you hate it? I would" another "bet that sucked as a kid.."
    Quite frankly though as a kid I thought it was freaking awesome, in my eyes it was my birthday - my parents ALWAYS made a massive deal about it - and along with my family and friends that were around the world was celebrating on the day I was born - so in other words the world is having one big party and I'm the super star!
    Ha! Things changed as I got older, I come to the realisation that no they weren't celebrating me but in fact they were all opening presents on my birthday - lol yep as I got older I got more selfish.. Way around it? Get married have kids and a husband that adores you and the day is about you being happy but the kids and hubby just being there do that in themselves everything else is a bonus!

Lol I must hate my kids too though, I'm December my youngest is January (early) and my eldest is February (early) lol

They won't even know the difference!!!

Good luck and enjoy the ride xx

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread but

a.) How rude of people who are meant to be close to you to try and knock the shine off your lovely news. Don't put too much stock in what people say, they just need to learn to engage brain before opening their mouths.
    b.) My birthday is 3 days after christmas. For starters, it never occurred to me to have any feelings about my parents for having me at that time of year - it's just how it happened. Also, I generally did not get joint presents unless I wanted a big item then they would combine in consultation with me. I'm in my mid 30's and thus far have never worked on my birthday.

My birthday parties were always held in the beginning of december before school broke up for the holidays so I still got to have my friends come to my party.

My cousin has a little one born on christmas day and they always have a big birthday party for her in the morning with all the family before they roll out the christmas trimmings for a late christmas lunch.

Enjoy your wonderful christmas present!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I just think "fuming" seems like an over reaction. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks or says about your baby's birthday? The fact that you're having a baby at all should make you so happy that you don't even notice such stuff. There are so many worse comments made every day.

I was genuinely asking why someone would be so upset by the comments made. A little bit miffed, yes of course. But fuming - well, I don't get it so I asked a genuine question as to why. Politely. I wasn't rude in any way, so why the attitude in response?
    Fuming is not an over reaction. when you go through countless amounts of treatment and 1000's of dollars to get pregnant and to share the news and just to be told something negative back of course you feel emotional especially when they are your friends. I wasn't going to reply as I didn't feel the need that I had to explain myself but please just leave this be now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsrulz For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KimmyJ View Post
    I too am a Christmas day baby - we've taught our son that morning is for Christmas and afternoon/night is for mummy's day - I shall now be renaming "kimsmas" I shall thank your husband for that one! Gold!!!

I still to this day (I'm 25) get ALL the time "oh that must suck having your birthday on Christmas day" or "do you hate it? I would" another "bet that sucked as a kid.."
    Quite frankly though as a kid I thought it was freaking awesome, in my eyes it was my birthday - my parents ALWAYS made a massive deal about it - and along with my family and friends that were around the world was celebrating on the day I was born - so in other words the world is having one big party and I'm the super star!
    Ha! Things changed as I got older, I come to the realisation that no they weren't celebrating me but in fact they were all opening presents on my birthday - lol yep as I got older I got more selfish.. Way around it? Get married have kids and a husband that adores you and the day is about you being happy but the kids and hubby just being there do that in themselves everything else is a bonus!

Lol I must hate my kids too though, I'm December my youngest is January (early) and my eldest is February (early) lol

They won't even know the difference!!!

Good luck and enjoy the ride xx
    Thankyou x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies everyone I feel better now to hear your positivity xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsrulz For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our first is due 29/12 and I am going to make it a big point about the whole joint present thing.. I got joint presents as a child and my birthday is at the end of January!! I hated it and I don't want my child to feel the same.. Personally Im stoked about having a Christmas bub!! Best present I could ever wish for! People who say negative things are just haters, don't listen to them, make your own traditions.. Bubs birthday will be just as special at Christmas as it would be in the middle of the year..

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could see negativity in any number of birth months. My friend was born in June and in high school and uni was always doing exams on her birthday!

My daughter was born 16/12 and she loves it! It's more organization for me with her party at a busy time of year but it's kinda hard to choose when they are born right?

Im now due mid January and not worried at all!

Ps if you still feeling sick, like one mum to be said in my due date group, spew on anyone who makes a negative comment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was born in December and first baby also due in December.
    There's lots of good things!! You're on holidays etc etc. more pressies!!! Lots of family around usually to celebrate. I always liked the better the present when I got older, where they combined Christmas and birthday and I got something great!!!
    Seriously, ignore the rude comments. I am!!