+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why on earth would you be "fuming" over comments like that? They're just people making light-hearted, throwaway comments. Why would you care?

Honestly, I just don't see that as something to get upset about.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Why on earth would you be "fuming" over comments like that? They're just people making light-hearted, throwaway comments. Why would you care?

Erm... Because it's thoughtless and insensitive to tell someone that their baby's birthday sucks?

Make negative comment, get negative reaction. Not rocket science.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (09-06-2012),LilPetal  (10-06-2012),SugarSkull  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

A light hearted throw away comment like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway... Just smile and tell them that you're super happy to have a Christmas baby. People are ar$eholes once you fall pregnant or have a baby.. There will be many more comments to come. Maybe you should tell them how you feel when they say something negative. Having a baby is a blessing. I don't know why people link it to something bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    A light hearted throw away comment like this?
    Ha exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece is born on Xmas day and DS is born NYE. We all wouldn't have it any other way. IMO it makes their bdays even MORE special.

Plus we can organize things around these celebrations and make their own special day x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just think "fuming" seems like an over reaction. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks or says about your baby's birthday? The fact that you're having a baby at all should make you so happy that you don't even notice such stuff. There are so many worse comments made every day.

I was genuinely asking why someone would be so upset by the comments made. A little bit miffed, yes of course. But fuming - well, I don't get it so I asked a genuine question as to why. Politely. I wasn't rude in any way, so why the attitude in response?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry if this is detracting from your joy, don't let it ruin it.please! People will always make comments regardless, when I fell pg with Dd2 dd1 was only 9mo, and I can't count the number of comments I got 'ooh you'll be busy' or 'was it planned'?

Don't listen to the negativity, that's what it boils down to

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just think "fuming" seems like an over reaction. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks or says about your baby's birthday? The fact that you're having a baby at all should make you so happy that you don't even notice such stuff. There are so many worse comments made every day.

I was genuinely asking why someone would be so upset by the comments made. A little bit miffed, yes of course. But fuming - well, I don't get it so I asked a genuine question as to why. Politely. I wasn't rude in any way, so why the attitude in response?
    Politely maybe but not very diplomatically. OP is upset because what should be a joyful time is attracting negativity. It's a bit insensitive to ask 'what's your problem' no offence, just saying...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (09-06-2012),SugarSkull  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

You basically just dismissed the OP's feelings and that's not cool.

You don't have to understand, you don't have to get it, but you should respect it.

The fact that she's having a baby and therefore in your opinion should just be grateful is you projecting your reality and expectations onto the OP.

It can be so, so hurtful when people sh!t on your picnic - it might not be logical or rational but it's valid nonetheless....and OP, my DS2 was meant to be a boxing day babe, but he came 2 months early - I wish he'd hung in until Christmas.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (09-06-2012),lambjam  (10-06-2012),SugarSkull  (09-06-2012)