+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was born a month early on my Dad's birthday which is the 21st and only immediate family bother celebrating the two different days which really bothers me.
    The only thing I like about the day is that it is also my Dad's birthday but I definitely don't resent my mum for it, why would you?

I also have a step cousin born on Christmas whose birthday pretty much gets forgotten.

I don't like cheapskates who say the whole one present thing. Fine, I'll do the same thing. Even if your birthday is in July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my dd on 10 the december and she was orginally due 25 th december, people still try to do the 2 for 1 presents so I just do the same back to their kid regardless of when their kids birthday is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fichicken For This Useful Post:

dreadlockfairy  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a friend who was born on Christmas day. She used to celebrate half birthdays in June - it was fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone who says 'your child is going to hate you for this' is a moron..

Just tell all the party poopers to get f***ed. Your uterus, your problem. I don't know why people feel the need to carry on about Xmas birthdays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be saying, "Oh you're a rude twit with no brain. That's got to suck."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is born on the 28th and to be honest, she really doesn't like it, but she definitely doesn't feel badly towards our parents!

She doesn't like getting joint present, but more than that she hates that everyone goes away or is spending time with their families at Christmas and she doesn't feel like she can have a decent birthday party. If you make a conscious effort to do what you can to help those things I think it'll be fine! All babies are precious and wonderful no matter what time of the year.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had a baby over Christmas ild think it's wonderful. My dad is on Christmas eve an pretty much got forgotten or joint pressies. If my child got joint pressies ild only give that person 1 on Christmas saying its your birthday gift to. See how they like it. Or if they were adults and u never got them one or the other pressie ild saying oh you don't get anything or the other why should u get one now? I personally would love a Christmas baby. Don't listen to those people they must be jealous coz your about to have the best holidays ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is a christmas Day baby. His mum went into labour right after they finished unwrapping presents. He said he has always loved it and sees it as something special. He loves seeing people's reactions when he has to tell people his birth date. When he was little his parents tried to celebrate half way through the year (I remember seeing pictures from his 18 mth old party) but they stopped as it felt a little weird. Now we celebrate christmas until 4pm then switch to birthday mode. He always gets separate presents and everyone makes an effort to wrap the birthday ones in birthday paper and buy a card. He reckons another advantage is it's a public holiday so he never has to work and everyone is always in celebratory mode anyway that time of year so his birthday has a good vibe. Ignore the comments. I dont think your child will resent you. I think they will love how special it is. A child is a blessing any time of the year although I think I will have to avoid a December baby as 2 birthdays on Christmas day might be a bit much (lol)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My SIL is due 29 December, and I must admit that we have already told her and BIL that we are planning to go away over Christmas. I didn't tell them that to imply that it was inconvenient that they're having a baby around Christmas, I just didn't want to spring that on them later in the year.

I think it's exciting no matter when a baby arrives, and I'll always make the effort to celebrate my niece or nephew's birthday separately to Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin (who is now 24) was born on Christmas day! She's never had an issue about it & loved it because she always had holidays over her birthday. They used to have half a day where they celebrated her birthday in the morning & then opened presents in the afternoon. If anything, she always got overcompensated for (present wise) as her parents wanted her birthday to be special. When she was at school she used to have a party a week or two before.

I can't believe people are saying things like that, how rude! You poor thing...I think a baby is special no matter when they are born. I think if anything it'd be a great time of year as they'll always have their birthday off from school in the holidays. Congrats & I hope you get some more positive comments. People should be excited for you.