+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My birthday is 29th December. I don't like it, but I don't resent my parents for it. It really isn't that bad, but minor things like I can't really remember birthdays when I was a child or specific presents I got. Might sound small and shallow, but most kids remember things like birthdays etc. from their childhood, I don't have many birthday memories as a kid.

I swore I would never have children at Christmas time, but here I am due with #3 on my birthday. As much as I am going to hate it at the end of pregnancy, I will hope that this baby goes as overdue as possible.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 08-06-2012 at 06:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds was born a few days before Christmas and wee never had comments like that, it's so rude! It's such a magical time of year to have a birthday and it is a wonderful Christmas present, try not to let them get you down. The only thing that ever sucked about my experience was the fact that I ended up with a csect and I insisted on coming home from hospital on Christmas eve so I could spend it at home when I realistically should have stayed in a few more days. All of that is forgotten now though and we just enjoy the week that is Christmas and ds's birthday, it really is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 2 weeks overdue with ds before he finally arrived, he was due much earlier in December. I hope you get your wish bigredv

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have ds who was born on the 16th dec and dd who is born the 5th January!!
    We have always kept out celebrations separate and never had issues!! Though last dec it was my ds first birthday and my sister asked me if she could give him his present at Christmas time so it was a joint one!!
    I was honest with her and said I don't wanna sound greedy or anything but I would really like it if he could have 2 separate presents as I want to keep this as normal as possiable and all about him when it's his birthday!!
    She was totally fine with it and bought him something else for his birthday

My dd2 and dd1 always have a joint birthday party around mid January cause their birthdays are only 10 days apart and I have never had family or close friends that want to be apart of it complain!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest they probably don't mean anything by it.. it's what people think of. My cousin was born on Christmas day and she hates it and my nephew was born on the 27th of December and his parents get annoyed as well.. the reason being that alot of the time people do only buy them one present while the rest of the kids get 2. In fact my Father in law proved this point when he didn't want to buy his grandson a birthday present because he already got heaps of presents 2 days earlier on Christmas day (thankfully his wife purchased something for him lol) It also makes it difficult for birthday parties because they have to basically have it either a month earlier or a month later as no one is around to celebrate it with him.

In saying that they're happy they have their child, and at the end of the day you can't choose when your baby is born so you just deal with it and work around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother was always upset that he got one present from relies saying Igot you a bigger one for both. Mum always made it two seperate days but he always saw me at christmas with two presents as mine in Nov they had bought something but not sent it and would give me both birthday and christmas but he only ever got one. Just make the extra effort to keep both events seperate and special and make sure the extended family don't make the one big present mistake. Maybe have an extra something hidden for just in case they do and when you see the look on your kids face of disappointment you can surprise them. Mum did heaps of extra stuff to make my brothers birthday special. People shouldn't say such horrible things to others. Congratulations

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 was born 14th December (due 22nd or 24th depending who you believe), and his birthday is fabulous!

It coincides with the last days of school, and it marks the beginning of a really exciting time for the family; school holidays, visitors, trips away, Christmas etc, it all begins with his birthday.

It does mean all his presents are received within a couple of weeks of each other, which can be inconvenient. When he was little we would put money in his piggy bank and take him shopping in mid-June, he really loved it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece is born on Christmas day, she's 5 this year, and as far as I'm aware there's been no issues, when we have her, (we all spend Christmas together at mums) we wake up and do Christmas presents as usual then once all the excitement from that dies down we do birthday presents. We usually have a night Xmas lunch usually around 1-2pm so at about 12 we will have a birthday cake and make sure its all about her. No one ever forgets its her birthday, she makes sure of that! Hahaha

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dh was a Christmas baby, and he didn't like it as a kid, as he said that - much as his parents kept the 2 separate - other people would give him joint presents, and people would always be away/ not able to celebrate his birthday. He never resented his parents for it though. And now that he's older he doesn't care as much - only if people are away when he wants to do something for his birthday.

I always said I would time it to avoid a Christmas baby, but that was before I knew it would take us forever to conceive! Now I would be happy with a healthy baby at any time of year.

I'm sure you'll make your own traditions, OP, and it will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just ignore them. I got exactly the same comments for my DD who was due on the 27th of dec. TBH I was worried she'd arrive on Xmas day but she arrived on her due date.

I suppose it's true a lot of people are away or busy that time of year. She's 2 now and we just have a small family celebration. I love that time of year... It's so joyful and we wouldn't change our babe's bday for anything! Having said that when she's a little older and wants a big bash for her bday we'll just do it jan.